Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Actually i just feel desperately disappointed, frustrated and ripped off

I am not in the slightest surprised at where JLR ranks in all the surveys

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Actually i just feel desperately disappointed, frustrated and ripped off

I am not in the slightest surprised at where JLR ranks in all the surveys

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Not surprised. You only need one bad experience like yours to put you off for life.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Yeah for premium money you might expect a premium product and service, not inferior in respect of both

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I know a fair few people with Land Rover products, And i'm talking bottom end mid range and the highest end,

Every single person is saying the same thing, it used to be that every now and then you would bump into a disgruntled D3 Driver, an underwhelmed Freelander driver or the odd FFRR driver who didn't quite get what he expected to get in terms of value for money, Now every one is at it, We've had 6 at work ALL go back, replaced with Porsche Cayenne's,

Most people i work with all work within the same industry and all the Client's are getting out of them into something German, It has got to the point now where it's a stabding Joke,

It went into the dealers for this and came out with that, cars getting an update and then not working but were fine before it went in... Not everyone is as smitten with the products as an enthusiast and some folk dont mind loosing bug money on a vehicle especially when it doesn't work as intended.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

For those who have queried availability of service plan, as I have said before, my replacement car landed Nov 2018 (2019 MY). The service pack was not available on the LR site builder, but I seem to have it. The paperwork was dated Jan 2019 and today I received confirmation from the plan administrators. Not sure what the cut off date was for getting the service plan, but mine seems to be a fairly recent transaction.

Someone also asked about what was covered. I will try to attach the relevant sheet below -

• Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thanks Chopsy,

That’s great to know. I think I’ll check with the dealer to see if there is any update.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I'd be interested to know.
    I tried to pay for the service plan when I collected my new car 9th Jan
    Salesman said lots of time do it when you it it in for first service.

I've emailed him asking about it but no reply!

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

If you want the plan, and it is still available, I wouldn't wait, as you have to buy it within 90 days of registration. The plan then starts from the registration date irrespective of when during the 90 days you purchase it.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I was at the local dealers today and he said service plan is available for new cars but had to be obtained within 90 days from purchase.
    Maybe your stealers trying to save you money because he knows JLR won't last the length of the plan Whistle

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I bought my D5 in January,
    I asked about the service plan at the time and was told to come back to get my fabric protection done in a couple of weeks and they would sort my service plan out then.

So I emailed to ask about it before I went and after a long wait, here's the reply from my dealer.

"
    Gregg Leatherbarrow IR <Gregg>
    Fri, 1 Feb, 10:11 (3 days ago)
    to Alan

Good Morning Alan.
    I’ve been off back in today .
    The national service plan from Land Rover has been stopped while they change companies.
    Our service team can do one on a monthly basis but is dearer.
    When would you like to leave the car with us ??

Kind regards

Gregg

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

I've asked two JLR dealers here in the south of the country (Wiltshire and London) and the response is consistent- not currently available but JLR working on it to replace. Nothing to do with vehicle longevity Exclamation
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Exactly.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I just got a written acknowledgement of the service plan from JLR for a car I sold in August, only took 10 months to get to me, so I just ripped it up.
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Just an update for anyone interested... couple of weeks away from taking delivery of my new D5 (yay!)... the service plan is available and is £825 for 5 years... Result! Have added it to the order,

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum