Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Love my Discovery had a little trouble with a water leak but it’s all sorted now, it’s still the best car I’ve ever had. I have body door mouldings fitted which are mat black, but I’ve noticed on eBay you can back black gloss ones for a 3rd of the price. It’s not the price which is good it’s the black gloss moulding which will look fab with a black pack👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I purchased the gloss black ones. Solid with virtually no give unlike the LR ones and the gloss finish is virtually identical to the cars, and alot cheaper as Chalkey says.
    Also the paint wont chip off unlike the rubber ones if you have them painted. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Re: HSE SDV6 ordered

Bursztyn wrote:
    Being risk averse and in view of the oil dilution issues with TDV6 engines reported extensively by members here and on the other Forum, I've been holding off placing an order until now. Finally placed an order at my local JLR dealer Grange, Swindon, Wiltshire last Friday 25th. Impressive new JLR dealership opened some six months ago.

Following spec:

Corris Grey
    Light Oyster/Espresso Windsor Leather etc
    Black Exterior Pack
    20" 10 Split -Spoke Style 1011 Alloys
    Privacy Glass
    Electric Sunroof
    Technology Plus Pack
    Driver Assist Pack
    Secure Tracker
    Terrain Response 2
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Centre Console Cool Box
    Cabin Air Ionisation
    Adaptive Dynamics - added 1st Feb

Have been advised my new car may arrive in March, but I have my doubts. Given the recent JLR announcements about additional shut-down due to Brexit (8 - 12 April plus 15 - 23 for the usual planned Easter maintenance), I think delivery is unlikely to be before May.

I guess patience is a virtue but if anybody has any recent experience or intelligence I'd be pleased to hear from you.

Ordered my commercial HSE on 21st Jan and was told to expect a 5 month lead time. I'm hoping they were just managing my expectations though.....also mine will be built in Slovakia so probably adding 2 weeks for shipping!

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

I'm told by my dealer that the 'system' is showing an ETA of 19 April, which is Good Friday! I have a feeling that I'll be lucky to see my car before the end of April.
    And members who haven't read my posts earlier this week, Adam at the Solihull Visitor Centre confirmed that production of the D5 has already moved to Nitra, Slovakia. I found this out when I wanted to organise a visit to the factory hoping to see my car being built. Disappointing but there we are. I'll report further when my car arrives with photos.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

Oh that’s good info. So ordered 25th Jan? On system for delivery in April? That’s pretty quick compared to some estimates assuming it does arrive then Smile
    Exciting!!!

Simon S
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

I have been given a date of 1st May although I didn't ask if this was a build date or a delivery date Banging Head

Anyone know which is most likely? (Don't want to ring the dealership again yet as they are pretty strung out with the approach of new reg day on Friday!!)

Simon S
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

As predicted, 19 April came and went with no delivery. Dealer can't tell me what has happened or even next estimated delivery date.

Starting to get frustrated Censored off and Evil or Very Mad

Has anybody had recent experience of missed dates and delivery from the new Slovakian JLR factory? What's the mode of transport across Europe and which ports are used?

Last edited by Bursztyn on 24th Apr 2019 2:28 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

Same happened to me. The dealer has no clue where the car is until they get a call from the delivery driver 10 minutes before it arrives. It is an appalling system. All I can say is that it will eventually turn up, Mine was about 3 weeks late, with 2 last minute collections cancelled by the dealer

Last edited by chaos_theory on 24th Apr 2019 2:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Andrew
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

chaos theory, how long did you have to wait from the original missed date to the unannounced delivery?
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

3 weeks. It was supposed to be 1 March, but ended up arriving on the 22nd

Andrew
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Gives me a guide, thanks.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

My initial date was 1st May but now that has been moved to 16th. (Order date was 21st Jan)

Simon S
  • RAW
    England 

I was told if i order one today i would not see it before late September
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

Bursztyn wrote:
    Gives me a guide, thanks.

It was ordered at the end of November, so 3 months 3 weeks total.

Andrew
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Bursztyn wrote:
    As predicted, 19 April came and went with no delivery. Dealer can't tell me what has happened or even next estimated delivery date.

Starting to get frustrated Censored off and Evil or Very Mad

Has anybody had recent experience of missed dates and delivery from the new Slovakian JLR factory? What's the mode of transport across Europe and which ports are used?

Well, good news. It was delivered to the dealer yesterday morning (25 April) which makes it exactly three months since the order was placed in January. Picking it up next Tuesday and I'll post some photos once I've figured out how to upload.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum