Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

HSE SDV6 ordered

Being risk averse and in view of the oil dilution issues with TDV6 engines reported extensively by members here and on the other Forum, I've been holding off placing an order until now. Finally placed an order at my local JLR dealer Grange, Swindon, Wiltshire last Friday 25th. Impressive new JLR dealership opened some six months ago.

Following spec:

Corris Grey
    Light Oyster/Espresso Windsor Leather etc
    Black Exterior Pack
    20" 10 Split -Spoke Style 1011 Alloys
    Privacy Glass
    Electric Sunroof
    Technology Plus Pack
    Driver Assist Pack
    Secure Tracker
    Terrain Response 2
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Centre Console Cool Box
    Cabin Air Ionisation
    Adaptive Dynamics - added 1st Feb

Have been advised my new car may arrive in March, but I have my doubts. Given the recent JLR announcements about additional shut-down due to Brexit (8 - 12 April plus 15 - 23 for the usual planned Easter maintenance), I think delivery is unlikely to be before May.

I guess patience is a virtue but if anybody has any recent experience or intelligence I'd be pleased to hear from you.

Last edited by Bursztyn on 2nd Feb 2019 8:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Sounds really nice.

I haven't been disappointed with my move from D4 to D5. Every time I get into the car she feels special, and is a pleasure to drive. I was very unsure before I ordered (more so than on any car previously), so I hope you enjoy!

Also hope you drove a wicked bargain from the dealer, in this climate Wink

I was delighted with my big discount when I ordered last July, and can only imagine there's even richer pickings out there now!

Please do share pics when she arrives!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • bammmy

Hi,
    I notice you say you have”black side mouldings” are they the sticky backed door protectors by any chance, if so got them on my D4 and have saved me a few times 👍
    Mark
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Yes they are - the genuine LR item, and this time they’ve stayed stuck. Had terrible problems with the D4 ones and ended up having LR take them off as three sets all peeled off!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • bammmy

Would you have any pictures with them fitted by any chance, not seen them on a D5 before 👍
    Cheers
    Mark
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

747_JK wrote:
    Sounds really nice.

I haven't been disappointed with my move from D4 to D5. Every time I get into the car she feels special, and is a pleasure to drive. I was very unsure before I ordered (more so than on any car previously), so I hope you enjoy!

Also hope you drove a wicked bargain from the dealer, in this climate Wink

I was delighted with my big discount when I ordered last July, and can only imagine there's even richer pickings out there now!

Please do share pics when she arrives!

Will do!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

bammmy wrote:
    Would you have any pictures with them fitted by any chance, not seen them on a D5 before 👍
    Cheers
    Mark

And on mine... here: https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1509.html

• bammmy

Thank you both for the photos 👍
  • Mark
    United Kingdom 

Apparently LR are discontinuing Loire blue and Coris grey replacing it Portofino Blue and Eiger Grey.
    I’m now torn between carpathian, Indus, silicon and fatal in black. Has anyone seen a farallon black in the flesh? It looks almost navy (which is what I’m after) on the configurator but black 8in pictures online.
    I’m put dynamic pack with 22” 5025
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Black is fantastic when it's polished but it depends how much you enjoy cleaning I suppose. Carpathian looks fab IMO on the FFRR so I'd guess it'd suit this car too and it's a little more forgiving than Black Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mark wrote:
    Apparently LR are discontinuing Loire blue and Coris grey replacing it Portofino Blue and Eiger Grey.
    I’m now torn between carpathian, Indus, silicon and fatal in black. Has anyone seen a farallon black in the flesh? It looks almost navy (which is what I’m after) on the configurator but black 8in pictures online.
    I’m put dynamic pack with 22” 5025

Mine is farallon black. It's black with a blue sparkle. In some lights it looks black and in others it can appear dark blue or dark blueish-green. I like it. Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Mark
    United Kingdom 

I haven’t cleaned a car for 20 years and I’m not about to start now .
    JonM do you have any pics of yours? This is the look I’m after.

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes, I've got photos but the colour is difficult to accurately represent in a photo. If you go to your local dealer, they should have painted samplers that you can look at.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Mark
    United Kingdom 

Looks good JonM similar spec to what I’m looking for. definitely has a tint of blue, even when it’s s but overcast Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum