Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

£825 Neutral Big Cry
  • bammmy

Rikster23 wrote:
    Just an update for anyone interested... couple of weeks away from taking delivery of my new D5 (yay!)... the service plan is available and is £825 for 5 years... Result! Have added it to the order,

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers

Rik

Which dealership you using Rik?
    Cheers
    Mark
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

JackNorris wrote:
    £825 Neutral Big Cry

Hi JackNorris,

Can’t work out whether you are suggesting that £825 is good value or expensive, lol... personally it seems like a bit of a steal to me for 5 years of servicing.

I’m buying my car through Harwoods in Lewes, though they have another branch in Croydon and a few others I think. Service has been great and got a fantastic discount by using CarWow.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Rikster23 wrote:
    Just an update for anyone interested... couple of weeks away from taking delivery of my new D5 (yay!)... the service plan is available and is £825 for 5 years... Result! Have added it to the order,

Thought you might like to know.

Cheers

Rik

I've just emailed my dealer.
    They know nothing about the service plan being reinstated.

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Rikster23 wrote:
    JackNorris wrote:
    £825 Neutral Big Cry

Hi JackNorris,

Can’t work out whether you are suggesting that £825 is good value or expensive, lol... personally it seems like a bit of a steal to me for 5 years of servicing.

I’m buying my car through Harwoods in Lewes, though they have another branch in Croydon and a few others I think. Service has been great and got a fantastic discount by using CarWow.

Cheers

Rik

The D4 was only £499 for the 5 years
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

The 5 year Service Plan for £825 is no longer available and this has been confirmed by JLR CRC and two JLR dealers (one in Wiltshire the other in London). JLR CRC replied yesterday (27 Feb) after I email'd asking for clarification of the current position - see below.

I am puzzled by claims from some Forum members (above) that they recently took out a 5 Service Plan when it is not listed on the LR website under the vehicle build list of options - as was the case in the past up until being withdrawn towards the end of last year. Some JLR dealers are clearly asleep or simply leading customers astray!

Reply from JLR CRC:
    (Names and other sensitive details removed)

Dear Mr....

Thank you for your email.

After further investigation I am pleased to advise that I have been informed that our new and improved Service Plan Packages will soon be available for you to purchase. We are hoping to release further details during the next couple of months unfortunately at present we do not have an estimated date that this information will be available.

The new programme will extend the portfolio to include more vehicle age and types, which will allow tailoring of service to plans to suit your needs rather than the purchase of a traditional 'one size fits all' plan.

There will also be new ways to pay, including monthly direct debit, and either via a retailer or online. There will be no 90 day cap so this will mean you will be able to purchase a plan for your vehicle when the plans become available.

We are hoping to have the full pricing structure and plan details for this over the coming months. I understand this has been frustrating for as we have only been able to provide you with limited information and I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Yours sincerely

Customer Experience Coordinator
    Jaguar Land Rover UK

My email to JLR CRC of 27 February:

Dear Sirs,

I recently ordered a new Discovery HSE SD6. The value of my order is almost £........ and the estimated delivery date is towards the end of April.

When I ordered my new car the dealer, Grange JLR, Swindon, SN3 3RA told me that the 5-year Service Plans have been withdrawn. I was also told that the Plans may be replaced by JLR but my dealer had no further information. This is obviously very disappointing news from a customer perspective particularly as the normal cost of annual servicing by an authorised JLR dealer, plus the cost of ad-hoc Ad Blue refills previously included in the Service Plans, is very costly.

In light of the above, can you provide any further information regarding replacement of the service plans with a new product including timing? Furthermore, if these are to be re-launched after I take delivery of my new Discovery, will JLR allow me to buy the service plan with retrospective application?

Lastly, just to say that this will be my seventh Land Rover (fourth Discovery) and my wife and I are very much looking forward to the day we take delivery of our new car.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

• Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Well, I’m only saying what the dealer has confirmed and it has been added to the invoice... don’t shoot the messenger...

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

I'm not. Please re-read my commentary above. Your dealer should be informed!
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Okey dokey... i’ll Ask them again. Given that he specifically spent weeks double checking this as he thought it wasn’t available, I will be disappointed if he turns out to have been incorrect. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t wrong!

• Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

Perhaps you should refer your dealer to the email exchange with the JLR Customer Experience Centre, their emphatic response and the fact that the withdrawn 5 year Service Plan is no longer listed by LR as an available option. And, if I were you, I would be asking the dealer to disclose the precise source of his information, preferably in writing. Good luck!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Reading the reply I do not see any reference to being withdrawn, only the new one will be available at some point.

Also we cannot be sure than CRC have the latest information. It looks like a generic reply covering all models>
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

If this were true, do you not think that CRC would say in their reply that the 5 year service plan is still currently available notwithstanding the planned introduction of replacement plans?
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

If I had a 5 year plan in place and confirmed by the dealer, I wouldn't be questioning it in case they realised a mistake and changed their minds!!!!!
    £825 for 5 years is cheap servicing for a D5, especially if it includes the MOT guarantee. It's actually cheaper than Indie prices.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Bursztyn
    United Kingdom 

I agree with you if the plan was underwritten by the dealer. However, the reality is that service plans were provided and underwritten by a third party provider and sold on behalf of JLR through the franchised network, hence being listed as an option on LR's website in the past. I therefore can't see a situation where a dealer having made a mistake will honour 5 years servicing etc at that price.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just incase anyone is interested, this is what the service plan consists of. Used it yesterday for the first time with no issues Very Happy

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum