Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Compared to my previous HID's the D5's LED's don't appear to be as bright and the adaptive bit is totally different, I understand that rather than the light 'swivelling', the new lights dont swivel, but change the light beam and pattern dependant upon driving circumstances and conditions.
    I tend to use the remote FBH or remote engine start over the timed climate, but that's probably cos I'm a luddite when it comes to 'techie' things Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Remote FBH?

I loke the timed climate (if i remember to set it) since it doesnt use anywjere near the fuel and is near to silent. My other half would go mad if i started the engine for 15 mins at 6am before i leave lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

I think you can retrofit heater steering wheel but will probably require a bit of wiring to get power to the heated element (as the power feed is unlikely to be on a non heated car) but if you get a complete wheel and the heater wheel control unit and its associated wires there is no reason why this cant work. Wont be cheap though! Also same would go for the fridge (cant see is needs any coding) and would require the power supply wiring but should be able to retrofit.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

The wiring loom is all there, all you need is heated steering wheel, fascia buttons and clock spring..its an easy job with the parts..JLR dont like retrofitting as they loose money....

2019 HSE LUX
  • tonigmr2
    United Kingdom 

Well am taking the plunge as getting £12k off list price of the vehicle.
    Capability pack, surround cameras, 22” wheels, deployable tow bar, privacy glass and a few others.
    68 plate but MY19. In orange! Looking forward to it.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

This tread has been around a while. Has anyone had a go at fitting a heated steering wheel yet ? I am interested in the part numbers and trying it.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No one has reported doing anything meaningful in respect of retrofitting, plenty of speculation, but it simply isn’t panning out.

Like someone said, I don’t see why a physical upgrade like a heated steering wheel can’t be done. On a D3/4, it was purely physical, a new clock spring, heated steering wheel and replacement steering wheel control, no CCF alteration was required. However, it’s a big outlay if it doesn’t work because a D5 now requires it or some other complication.

Thankfully, I be got a factory fit heated steering wheel, so the problem doesn’t arise.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Well I now have all the parts to retrofit the heated steering wheel in a 2020 HSE. Will let you know how it goes this week.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Well after much time and expense I can confirm that retrofitting the heated steering wheel is not possible. Even with all of the hardware fitted there is no way to enable the function with the Pathfinder software.

If anyone does find a solution I will be interested to know how.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Leo disco.. get in touch with JAS landrovers, Joe the owner will tell you if its possible. If you have spare time, watch some of his videos with PICO. the man's amazing!!!!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Browser wrote:
    The wiring loom is all there, all you need is heated steering wheel, fascia buttons and clock spring..its an easy job with the parts..JLR dont like retrofitting as they loose money....

Have you done it on a D5?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

I have. The issue is that the heated wheel module is lin bus unlike older models that were just plug and play.
    Not to be beaten though I will be making my own control system and wiring it to the wheel via the clockspring Whistle
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

Does anyone know if you can retro fit the tv tuner/receiver ? And the auxiliary heater, been doing a lot of running round looking after the old folk with the Mrs doing shopping and me being the chauffeur and keeping the car running does use more fuel plus the clatter outside peoples houses is not not always wanted.
  • Timmer
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Retro Side Steps?

Hi Guys -

does anyone know where side steps are available as a retro fit?

Cheers
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Any Land Rover dealership. Alternatively do a simple search on here with the key words “side steps” and you’ll see alternatives.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum