Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Loire Blue & Corris Grey out of production

Thought I would make a post for this as it may be useful for people planning a purchase.

I was told by my dealer today that both of these colours are no longer available to order for any LR/RR. Both still shown on the website configurator, which is misleading by LR.

Having just paid a deposit for a LB one on Saturday....gutted and pretty annoyed with JLR that the order can not be processed on that colour.
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

On the Land Rover Website, an anniversary edition is in the pipeline, and is available in 4 colours;
    Corris Grey
    Loire Blue
    Indus Silver
    Santorini Black

This makes me think these colours are surly still available?
    I was hoping for s Corris next time around!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Two separate dealers told me the same thing today. Email from Land Rover confirming that no more orders could be taken.

I think the anniversary edition has been available for a little while?
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

The dealer near me suggested the anniversary edition is not yet available, mind you that could be wrong like most things they tell me!
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey
  • L90Andy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Might be temporary while they gear up the new paintshop and production facilities in Slovakia.
    Or the ingredients of those particular paints have differing approvals in other countries.
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

I have a Loire Blue on order and the dealer hasn't told me anything's amiss.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

As long as your Order was already placed, you will be fine I think. The stop was on new orders being placed.

Portofino Blue is the replacement I believe. Already replaced Loire Blue on certain jags and looks pretty good.
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Just checked out the jag build tool.
    The portofino blue not too bad, its not that different from Loire blue. Maybe jlr are just consolidating colours for austerity.
    Would be nice to see the discovery available in caesium blue. That looks nice and bright.
    Byron blue just looks washed out.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Yes, Gavin, I just checked out the XE build tool and portofino looks fine and very similar to Loire, which we had been told. 99% sure that we will order it once available.

Jag still have Loire on some models and I found a post pretty much identical to my OP on a XE forum last November - they discontinued Corris and LB at the same time.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Re: Loire Blue & Corris Grey out of production

Equilibrium wrote:
    which is misleading by LR.

Nothing is misleading because it clearly states that configurations are liable to change without notice Wink
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I stand by misleading Smile I didn't say illegal, accuse a bait-and-switch, against their own small print or anything stronger than misleading.

All ends well I think - portofino on a XE configurator looks 95% like Loire Blue. It's going to be a bit better or a bit worse in real life, but not significantly different.

I'd have picked another colour and been happy with a great vehicle, but I'm glad that the wife won't be looking at it every day for several years wishing it was a different colour. The colour is her main bit of the spec, I've had carte blanche on the much bigger ticket - the mechanicals and the toys. Happy wife = happy man.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I wouldn't like to rely on what the configurator shows you as the colour. It would depend on your monitor/screen what it looks like, so I would recommend seeing a car in that colour at a dealer to be sure.

I learned that the hard way getting paint for the render on our house. Looked great on the configurator, opened the tin and I kid you not it looked like Censored . At least that was only a $150mistake.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I do agree with that Ron Smile

What I am going on, though, is that two configurators from the same manufacturer (web team using the same rendering tools) giving a near identical colour probably is a reasonable indication. I know from viewing LB in the dealer and on the configurator that the configurator is not a perfect guide to how a colour looks.

I'm toying with popping in to my local Jag dealer to see if they have anything in the showroom.

Failing that, I will likely have to trust the online image and LR's word that it is 'very similar' as there are very few internet pics of PB Jaguars.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Frustrating maybe, but hardly misleading. Configurations change fairly frequently and websites, like printed brochures, are always playing catch up and are technically out of date. I can't think of any other manufacturer that doesn't have a similar scenario..

Quote:
    Land Rover is constantly seeking ways to improve the specification, design and production of its vehicles and alterations take place continually. Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to Land Rover products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle. Distributors and Dealers are not agents of Land Rover and have absolutely no authority to bind Land Rover by any express or implied undertaking or representation.

Quote:
    Information about products and services.
    Whilst we have made every effort to ensure the information on this website is up to date and accurate, neither we nor any BMW Centre can accept responsibility for your reliance on any information on this website.

Always check with your BMW Centre model availability and for precise information on vehicle model features, specifications and equipment, and in the case of used vehicles, current mileage details before ordering a vehicle.

Quote:
    The colours of vehicles shown by your device's display may not match the actual colour of the vehicles. We cannot guarantee and you should not assume that any vehicle shown on the Site means it is actually available for sale. Audi reserve the right to discontinue any vehicle models or make changes to the price, colour, description or specification of any vehicle shown on the Site.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum