Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I agree that other manufacturers suffer the same sort of thing, although I have not specifically seen the colour scenario. Bearing in mind honing the spec with the dealer, paying deposit and signing order Saturday and then being part way through a finance agreement discussion when the colour is withdrawn. It’s hardly quality service. If we or the dealer had known on Friday that this was coming, then the order would have been placed and everyone would have saved a lot of time.

Likewise, having the colour still available on the website now is misleading. Thousands of different websites are able to update immediately when an item is out of stock, across tens of thousands of lines. Yet a car manufacturer cannot slap a simple ‘no longer available’ within 48 hours (and counting) of it happening.

I find this laziness/slapdash approach poor, whether from JLR or anyone else, when one is choosing a product priced in the tens of thousands. No amount of small print makes it any less lazy, it just avoids legal responsibility which is absolutely fair enough.

I’m also looking forward to the car and well aware that this will probably be one of the smaller frustrations on the ownership path Smile
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

What colour did you end up going with?

On the build and delivery schedule from Land Rover there will be last date to mkae a change to the build config.

Your dealer can tell you this and if a new colour pops in beforehand you might be able to switch over.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Hi Gavin, the dealer advised yesterday that Portofino would be available very soon, so his advice was to wait before pushing the order in.

He's hoping to get the sample into the dealership, but based on the jag configurator I am 99% sure that we will order Portofino once it becomes available.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Equilibrium wrote:
    I find this laziness/slapdash approach poor, whether from JLR or anyone else, when one is choosing a product priced in the tens of thousands.

I’m also looking forward to the car and well aware that this will probably be one of the smaller frustrations on the ownership path Smile

Too right. I was supposed to have collected mine on the 1st. Now they've lost it. It is built, has been on a ship and is somewhere in the UK. As I said elsewhere, the organisation is like a church fete - well-meaning but amateurish. All part of the charm.

Andrew
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

That really is incredible... how do you lose a Discovery!

Your choice of user name seems apt in this situation Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum