Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

2Ltr a bit harsh when trying to move slowly

I'm finding that my 2Ltr wont "crawl" very easily. Am example is if you are just trying to get a bit closer to something, like when parking. If I stop moving and just try and edge up (back or forward) when I press the acclerator gently I get nothing, and then more than I wanted, so end up moving quicker/further than needed. I know I could use low range but I dont want to or think I should need to for just normal use.

Others finding the same?

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I might be completely wrong (haven't driven one), but could this be due to the relative lack of low rev torque in a turbo four? Then when you do press, the turbo supplies power more abrubtly than expected? Versus a six at tickover which has more torque to creep with.
  • Labbix

Maybe the reason the ‘pedalbox’ exist for the 4 cylinder and not for the 6 one. Someone placed his findings on the forum somewhere, but thought he was happy with the difference... have no 4 pot, so can’t help for the rest.
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

Thats pretty standard in my 2.0l also. I found D4 and other Land Rover's the same to be fair apart from the D5 V6 which I drive for work and it crawls perfect.

I was aware of it at first in the 2.0l, I don't notice it now after a few months of ownership.
  • Red5
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) S Firenze Red

Had my 2.0ltr since July 2017 and have had no problem. Typical auto it will crawl forward on its own on the flat . On a bit of a slope I assume the the hill assist comes in but slight pressure on the accelerator again lets it crawl.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Doesn’t seem to have the anti stall the D3/4 had. Those you could drive up a multi story on tick over with no PSE pressure at all.

Mine can hesitate when pulling away sometimes then suddenly shoots off. Not as hesitant as the Disco Sport though. That was terrible.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum