Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Seat belt warning light problem

I have been getting a sporadic problem where the red seat belt warning light is staying on spuriously. I read the owners handbook and all I could see was that this may happen if you place an object on the front passenger seat. This is occurring for me when there is only me in the car with nothing else on any seat.

Has anyone else had such a problem?
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Update, had a bit of a play around and it seems to be a fault with whatever sensor it is that determines the front passenger seat is occupied. If I fasten the front passenger seat beat with the seat empty the light goes off, while if the belt is undone the light stays on. I guess it is a trip to the dealer now!
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Sound like the wight sensor on your seat had failed or got stuck in one position. Buckling the seat belt makes the warning go away as then the car knows someone has bucked in. There is a weight sensor to make the warning come up if someone sits in the seat and warning stays ON until the seat buckle is engaged. Dealer will need to inspect the seat and fix the sensor.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum