Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

InControl SIM card question

Is there anywhere within the InControl menus that you can see how much Sim data allowance is left on the card?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

FROM THE ONLINE MANUAL

MOBILE DATA CONNECTIVITY

Mobile data requires the installation of a data-enabled micro SIM card. See FITTING A SIM CARD.

To enable Mobile data, select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select All settings, followed by Connectivity.

The CONNECTIVITY pop-up menu displays Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Hotspot, and Wi-Fi.

Touch the Mobile Data toggle, to enable Mobile data. When displayed, select Agree to agree to the terms and conditions.

NOTES
    Mobile data connectivity is indicated by an icon at the top of the screen. See CONNECTIVITY STATUS ICONS.

Touch Mobile Data to access the MOBILE SETTINGS pop-up menu.

The MOBILE SETTINGS pop-up menu displays Network provider, Roaming, Usage limit, Usage, and SIM PIN.

Network provider: The network provider of the inserted SIM is displayed. To change the APN settings, select the network provider's name to open the NETWORK PROVIDER screen. Set Auto Select to Off. Add the Network, Username, and Password. Select Connect.

Roaming: Data roaming is set to Off as default. Select On to enable roaming.

Usage limit: The usage limit is set to Off as default. Select On to enable usage limit.

Usage: The usage counter displays the total data usage for the month. The usage counter resets on the 1st day of the month, as default. When the usage limit is set to On, the usage limit also displays.

Select Usage to change the usage limit and the monthly reset date. Use the reset counter to reset the current usage to zero.

SIM PIN: A PIN can be set or changed for the inserted SIM card.

Remember SIM PIN:

Select On to remember.

Select Off to forget the PIN.

About:

From the CONNECTIVITY menu screen, select About to display the vehicle's MAC address and IMEI number.

To reset all connectivity settings to default, select Reset and then select Yes.

So, the answer is no!
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Thanks Jimbg

The Navigation is not providing Live Traffic info so I was just hoping to check the data amount before approaching LR as I believe this is a problem that has been reported before in this forum
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What SIM card are you using?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I've stopped using the separate SIM, instead I link the car via WIFI to my phone hotspot when I need traffic info (which is rarely). You can only do this when the car is stationary though.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum