Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

bammmy wrote:
    From an insurance point of view, subject to value of damage/loss, as you aren’t the first registered keeper you won’t get a new vehicle if it happens within the first 12 months.

I asked the insurance about that, their response was despite being pre registered and having 10 miles on the clock, they would treat it as a new car.

LR would also do likewise, the new car warranty would obviously transfer, I could get the service package, gap insurance etc. if wanted.
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Thanks Dave, the car i bought is in some surplus stock place, they said it would only have a couple of miles on it. It wasn't sitting in the dealers. From what I've read, dealers have more around March & August, I've copied a link to the RAC website, I think its worked out well for me, and the dealer notches up another sale this month.
    I told them the model and extras i wanted, the salesman walked into the office with a printed sheet and offered my 3 colors and options pretty close to what i wanted. Didn't have the tech pack, if building new i think i would have went for HUD, but the other stuff i wanted they matched me up.
    There was no Lux but plenty HSE.
    I'm happy. Will need to work out how best to get movies onto kindle for the boys, currently have rear entertainment in the back of Landmark. Ripping DVD's can be torture. Will buy a few on Amazon for downloading before caravan trips.

Link below for anybody that following the thread.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/buying-...ered-cars/
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    good luck with your car, I have found my local dealer has been very good regarding Manufacture's warranty still in its 3 years (just) and bought from a different dealer as used car, as said a lot depends who the dealer is

Regarding pre reg does that mean you Dont pay the first tax rate of £1250 ish extra on top ?

I am thinking about an ex-demo car nearer the end of the year, which must have been taxed so No big add on (only £450!)

Thumbs Up
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 

Its not listed in my agreement. Just the normal 450 as a line item, The dealer contribution includes that element. They factor that it into their contribution.
    George
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

As above, it’s £450.

The larger fee has to be paid by the garage at the time of first registration.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    Don't forget to get the service plan offer - I think it's available for 90 days after reg

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Wouldn’t bother. Last two cars I purchased had it and I never used it before I sold them on.

If you shop round, you can normally get a better deal than paying for something two years in advance of actually using it.
  • bammmy

TazDaz wrote:
    GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    Don't forget to get the service plan offer - I think it's available for 90 days after reg

The 5 year service plan was temporarily suspended, does anyone know if its available again ?🤔
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 

The dealer I'm talking to said the service plans were still suspended. He also said it wouldn't cover oil changes should they be required between services. I'm not sure if that is still an issue with the SDV6 engines, thought id ask anyway
    George
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

early oil changes have disappeared on my Td6 currently...still driving it same and over last 3200 miles its eroded at mile for mile, compared to previous;ly when it wanted an oil change every 6,000 miles. Not sure what they did to it when the did the DEF update but not moaning

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum