Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Unfortunately it wont work unless the stickers are there all the time. The camera has to see those stickers to calibrate and 'know' where the trailer is all the time. If the camera does not see the sticker the system cannot identify the trailer or its location so system wont work.
  • maffffster
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Might be a silly question, but what exactly is Tow Reverse Assist - i've seen it on my new D5 and havent had chance to use it or set it up as need the stickers.

Also how best to get an accurate nose weight with the milenco nose weight gauge with a twin axle caravan ? do you lower the jockey wheel until the hitch is the same height as the car tow bar
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

MalithS wrote:
    It will have a record of failed attempts to deploy/lock etc counted within the electronics. The dealer may not be able to get access to this information but LR certainly will be able to read them if they send the unit back to LR if the towbar is having issues. Generally the dealer appear to replace the hardware if they were having issues so cant understand why they are trying to dodge this.

Well, on Friday the towbar deployed and locked normally, with the engine running. On Monday when getting ready to leave the caravan site, again with engine running it deployed then sat beeping to say it wasn't locked, so I had to press the deploy button again, causing it to fold and immediately unfold and lock this time. So far still on the 50/50 hit rate that the dealer can't allegedly get it to replicate. Will try it a few more times even though don't intend to tow for another 3 weeks just to see how many it fails to lock on....(might video on phone for evidence)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

mordred1973 wrote:
    I will be using it this weekend so will see what my hit rate is. Dealer as usual trying to get out of sorting things (i assumed it would record when it doesnt deploy properly but they tell me the car doesnt record that)

Wishing i had a normal removeable one now...

Somone on here has a complete removable one for sale

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

mordred1973 wrote:
    MalithS wrote:
    It will have a record of failed attempts to deploy/lock etc counted within the electronics. The dealer may not be able to get access to this information but LR certainly will be able to read them if they send the unit back to LR if the towbar is having issues. Generally the dealer appear to replace the hardware if they were having issues so cant understand why they are trying to dodge this.

Well, on Friday the towbar deployed and locked normally, with the engine running. On Monday when getting ready to leave the caravan site, again with engine running it deployed then sat beeping to say it wasn't locked, so I had to press the deploy button again, causing it to fold and immediately unfold and lock this time. So far still on the 50/50 hit rate that the dealer can't allegedly get it to replicate. Will try it a few more times even though don't intend to tow for another 3 weeks just to see how many it fails to lock on....(might video on phone for evidence)

Here is link to tow bar
    https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/sale-d5-tow...80958.html

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I am about to set up tow assist but I am not looking forward to having the three dots permanently stuck on my nice new caravan. However, Ces la vie! But, I was wondering how this system can work with a flat bed trailer which has nowhere to put a sticker. I may have to use flat bed shortly so advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Have never used it, happy to reverse the caravan myself lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Don’t quite see the merit of a noseweight gauge on the car? I like to get the noseweight sorted with the caravan before hitching up. Having to initialise by first deploying the towball dictates the sequence I have to do things ...I like to deploy the towbar well in advance of hitching up. It’s also a bit bizarre doing the check from the drivers seat. If you believe the reading and it needs attention, you then have to get out go into the caravan, make weight adjustments, come back to the car ...and hope you don’t have to reinitialise again. It’s an unnecessarily cumbersome way of doing things compared to a Milenco gauge ...imho
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

and is not very accurate with 25kg ranges.....

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum