↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Activity key / band fitting

Tools needed:

Torx screwdriver x 1
    Trim removal tools

I purchased a set of trim removal tools at Halfords for £22 and already had some torx/star drivers. There are instructions on Landrover’s website (http://accessories-instructions.landrover.com/enUSA). The instructions are accurate and complete, except the wiring loom has a different colour block on my car and when taking off the trim panel you will also need to be ready to disconnect the wire from the boot closing button. Total time around 10-15 minutes to fit.

The boot mounted lights come off really easily with a small trim tool under one end.
    The boot handle comes of similarly easily once unscrewed. The screw was quite tight.
    The boot trim cover is held on with poppers. I used a trim cover to loosen at one edge and then slowly pulled the trim loose popper by popper. If you do sides and bottom first, the top poppers hold it in place while you disconnect the plug from the boot close button. All the plugs are easy to remove with squeeze release levers.
    Once the trim is off locate the wiring connector for the kit per the LR picture (but different colour). The connector appeared to be short, but only because it was taped to the main loom. Once the tape had been cut it had sufficient slack.
    The kit clips into the brakes and has a foam pad with sticky back to put on ( presumably to stop it rattling against the boot metal). No the foam pad is per the fitting diagram on the outside of the assembly.
    Connect the loom before sliding the assembly into place.
    The assembly fastens to the boot with 2 push in poppers.
    Then it’s two minutes to put the boot trim back on, not forgetting to pull the two light wires through and connect the boot close button. Nb. The corner fasteners have some play in them, so if it doesn’t locate, wiggle them into place. No tools needed for securing the trim, just whack it in and hear the poppers click.
    Then screw the boot handle back on and pop the two lights back in.

Job for today, see if Challenger 4x4 in Tongham will activate it for me.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

That looks really easy. Thank you. Where did you get the "kit" from?

LR here in SA want to charge almost 500 pounds just to supply it.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Duckworths - here on the site.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

What coding was needed to activate this? I bought the activity key without realising the car might not have the module. I'm also looking to add the electric side steps which is another module and might need coding....
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Also, did you retrofit your cubby fridge or anything else? I added lots to my previous car, and Audi, but info on adding to LR's seems sparse!
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

DarkyUK wrote:
    What coding was needed to activate this? I bought the activity key without realising the car might not have the module. I'm also looking to add the electric side steps which is another module and might need coding....

Same question!
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

The Pathfinder updates are minor but they are needed, I have a DOIP interface and Pathfinder so I did them myself, I wouldn't expect a dealer to have any issues enabling them though.

One point to note, when you pair the activity key to the car you need the plastic box the key comes in as you need to enter the code from the barcode, so if you purchase one unboxed off of eBay they are useless.
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

Great information, thanks for replying!
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

DarkyUK wrote:
    The Pathfinder updates are minor but they are needed, I have a DOIP interface and Pathfinder so I did them myself, I wouldn't expect a dealer to have any issues enabling them though.

One point to note, when you pair the activity key to the car you need the plastic box the key comes in as you need to enter the code from the barcode, so if you purchase one unboxed off of eBay they are useless.

One more thing, do you need pathfinder to change anything when installing the Trailer Hitch, or does simply connecting the trailer electrics activate it?
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

I believe if you are installing the electric deployable towbar it would need to be activated via Pathfinder as it is also visible on the InControl screen, when we activated the electric side steps it enabled the module, updated the ECU config and then updated the InControl config also. I suspect the Electric Towbar would be the same.
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

Hmmm, I'm talking about this hitch in the US,

http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2054266

lol, found my answer:

"Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment, configure towbar electrics."
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, I suspect thats for disabling the rear parking sensors and enabling bulb warnings etc when a trailer is connected, I believe it also disables the rear fog lights etc
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Is the wiring in for the electric deployable side steps on all discovery.

Thanks mike
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

No, you have to add the wiring loom and a new TBM, on the 2021 and onwards it's a different wiring loom and a dedicated module.

It's pretty easy to run the wiring though.
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Dont suppose you have any pictures
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum