Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

I'm looking at buying a D5 currently have a Landmark
    Honest John website says things are a lot lower that what im reading here. (Filling up to cut off point twice with a mileage measure and some basic arithmetic tells me my d4 is 27 combined.)

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/land-...462/20-sd4
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Well I am getting better than his figures with my 3.0 TD6. Thumbs Up
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 

Good to know, im a great believer in physics, the amount of fuel it takes to get a lump of metal from A to B wont vary that much outside extremes. It a handy figure for one reason, showing the wife what a great idea it would be to upgrade Very Happy )
    The actual consumption over a year has very little impact on anybody, unless you own a haulage company. Interesting to know if there's a few miles more to be had,
    George
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I know mines a TDV6, but as a comparison I came from a non adblu D4 V6d which used to give circa 33-34 on trip computer (30-31 calculated on brim to brim 9% over read), on D5 TDV6 I am now getting 39-40 on trip (33-34 calculated, consistent 15% over read) doing exactly the same journies, fill up roughly every 500 miles with 100 mile range left, so roughly 10% better on fuel economy on latest D5.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info, I always do brim to brim, do a quick division with my receipt and stick it on my phone, the D4 doesnt have anything for them to frig 15%. Shocked
    Currently haggling on APR rates for a second hand Lux
    George
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

If you want to log or track your mpg the ROAD TRIP App is very popular.

'Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.'

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/road-trip-mpg/id298398207?mt=8
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

50 mpg !!

well its loosened up a bit (now at 9kmiles), and yesterday managed to see trip comp avg at 50MPG:

OK we know trip comp lies, but even at at 3mpg over thats still OK by me Thumbs Up

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • GEOBLRDISCO4_SOFAR
    United Kingdom 

80 mph SDV6

i just did another check, 20% town, 80% motorway, booting it, plenty 85 up and down to aberdeen so a few bits 20-30 mph
    filled up click and subtract, the only method thats really close
    Still got 34, mpg. Amazed
    That is a well designed set up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

well talk about one extreme to the other - towed the tintent down to Royan, OK was "cracking on a bit" holding around 65mph - and the trip comp said...............................................................................19.4

yep, and given we know that it lies thats would be around 16/17 in reality. The 2Ltr didnt seem to be working hard at all to do this trip, with only a Landcruiser V8 towing coming past me, but the 2Ltr was obviously gulping fuel in the process Shocked . Now to be fair, my 3Ltr D4 was exactly the same towing the same 1800kg 'van at that speed.

So whilst it comes up (22/23) if I stick to 60mph which I generally do when towing, I am not going to loose any sleep over the crap towing mpg given that its only towing for possibly less than 5% of its use. Once the 'van is off the back MPG come back up into the 40's. (saw 46 on the trip comp again yesterday.)

Ah well

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Craigp
    England 

Anybody else now getting1 gallon a fortnight. Shocked
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Yes, me! If only diesel was this cheap when I was doing my normal mileage! Long term average for my Td6 is about 32mpg but that includes towing. On a run it’ll do mid 30s fairly reliably.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum