Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Rear Seats Have A Mind Of Their Own

Not for the first time while taking my son and grandson home on Sunday, the third row of electrically powered seats decided to deploy entirely of their own accord. Fortunately the boot was pretty empty so no damage done. On at least at least two other occasions these seats have started deploying without any input from me.

I wonder has anyone else had issues with the rear and second row seats? I had my granddaughter sitting in row three while away on holiday, and the second row seat in front of her decided it would not move forward so I had to extract her through the tailgate door. After locking and unlocking the car it worked normally again.

On another occasion the second row seat decided itself to tilt forward, the problem was my little baby grandson was in his rearward facing car seat in that position. It kept pushing forward, stopping, moving back and then repeating. Nobody was touching the switches, so it appeared to be doing it itself.

Perhaps the car is harbouring a poltergeist- gonna take it to the dealer to have it checked out, failing that maybe a trip to see the local priest might be called for. Confused
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That’s a strange one. There is a lot of talk (away from JLR forums) about the unnecessarily complexity of the electric folding seats. In reality, it must just be a bunch of electric motors and switches. Nothing high -tech.

It seems unlikely for numerous motors to have actuation problems simultaneously, so my first thought on yours is a faulty switch bank in the boot. Perhaps it’s had a soaking or maybe some exposed wires touching the frame of the car intermittently and causing motor actuations. Or maybe just a faulty component.

Anyway, if it was my car, I would want my dealer starting there rather than pulling anything else apart.

By the way, in case not obvious this is all hypothesis, others may know better! Good luck Smile

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum