Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gbaz
    United Kingdom 

Which software version?

Hi, I have just bought an MY17 HSE Lux and it had some problems at the dealer getting the latest software installed. After two weeks it has finally arrived but I think it might have an earlier version of the infotainment software installed.

When I look at the Update Sotware tab is just says that I am up to date but can anyone confirm? The home page is the old style and I do not appear to have Apple CarPlay.

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The 4 tile home screen is the old version. The new version has 3 side by side.
  • bammmy

This is the latest softwarešŸ‘

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

If it works okay, Iā€™d keep it personally.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Apple Carplay and Android were not available initially. Only came out MY18 and is chargeable at roughly Ā£200 if I remember correctly.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If you get updated to the latest version then you can have Apple Car Play.

I have a March 2017 HSE and have it installed.

There are lots of software bugs that have been sorted since the initial version that you have, such as random blank screens, cameras not always working properly, etc.

Push your dealer to sort it!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I have just had it installed on my car and it seems very good so far

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Russell, were you charged for the privalege or was it a freebie?
    Were trying to charge the Mrs, but she refused.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360Ā°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

My MY17 was upgraded for free to latest, including over the air updates, Apple car play and android auto,
    Iā€™m not sure if they would have charged or not, but if the existing setup is suffering from nav and media bugs, the warranty fix is a free update. So you might want to think about how you ask Smile

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • gbaz
    United Kingdom 

Got the dealer to update the software to the latest version this week. They said it should have cost Ā£200 but when we laughed they said they would do it for free due to Al lthe hassle we've had.
    So far so good and it all seems to work fine except the voice control button on the steering wheel no longer works...
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Iā€™d say a classic case of if it works, leave well alone, but if you want Appleplay.....
  • Charlie B
    United Kingdom 

So Iā€™ve finally managed to update my MY19 car to the latest software (Starts with 19A). Is this update supposed to give me apple car play? If so I canā€™t for the life of me work out how to enable it. Can anyone put me straight on this? Thanks
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Apple car play and Android auto only available if you pay dealer Ā£200 to enable unless they are feeling generous and do it for free in compensation for hassles.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Charlie B
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Trevor, fortunately I havenā€™t had a any hassles so I think Iā€™ll have to pay... unless I just spoke too soon...
  • marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

Iā€™ve MY17 and upgraded several times. Apple CarPlay if definitely worth the hassle (and only gets better with ios13 being released next month). The new version of the nav etc is MUCH faster and seems compl ete rewrite from the old one.
    Dealer will normally upgrade if you have a fault/problem.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum