Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

Dash and ignition dead

Was driving along the motorway when suddenly the in car entertainment system went off along with all the dash - speedo, Rev counter - everything.

The car continued to drive Ok so I’ve pulled in to a service station.

I now can’t restart the car, as all the ignition / dash is still blank / dead Sad

I can lock the doors etc but can’t close the windows - even pressing and hold on the lock button on the key fob

Waiting for AA (Land Rover Asssit).

Has anyone else had this issue - is there a reboot fix to get out of the issue ?

Cheers

Laurence

2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green, 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey, 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green
    2017 D5 HSE LUX 3.0 SDV6 Grey
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

That happened once to me while I was driving, but the system rebooted itself about a minute later (while I was still driving) and hasn't done it again.

Try locking the car, waiting a minimum of 10 minutes for everything to shut down properly then see if it reboots.

You could also try disconnecting the battery to completely power down the car and see if that resets the system.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

I’ve just received the vehicle heath check video from the garage - they’ve identified a water leak and that a module has been damaged due to water.

So they will be rectifying the water leak and replacing the water damaged module to resolve the no start issue.

Not actually spoken to anyone yet, so don’t know how long it will take to relive or whether it will be covered under warranty - which I do hope it will be.

Laurence

2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green, 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey, 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green
    2017 D5 HSE LUX 3.0 SDV6 Grey
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

my 2017 was subject to a update/recall at the last service N292 windscreen leak needs ti be checked. My service was at the end of May. this year.

N292 "may" be related to your problem

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum