Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

hmm, LV have not asked me to fit a tracker at all, just about to renew with them at a smidge over £500, which I was happy with last year as was over £100 less than I had been paying for my 2012 XC60.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

OK seems hit and miss. Trouble is we have a fair sized fleet and they seem to use our main site address instead of my house which is out in the sticks...so hence have to have tracker.

but still seems daft Landrover don't offer a s5 tracker as option..

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Smilesapart
    England 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Indus Silver

MalithS wrote:
    The HSE does not get secure subscription as standard however all Management cars have this subscription added. Thats why you have it.

Mine is an ex LR Management car and that doesn’t have the tracker - I’ve just checked with the dealer I’m buying it off
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Both my ex-LR management cars (D5 and Velar) have the tracker fitted and activated. Does it not appear in your InControl account in the App or on the website?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Smilesapart
    England 

I haven’t taken possession of the vehicle until Friday but the dealer is saying it doesn’t have it
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

If you can get the VIN you can find out on TOPIx

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Just taken out a new policy. Lloyd’s this time, £420 for 5k a year (covid has reduced my mileage dramatically), legal cover added. Six week old MY20 HSE L SDV6.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Smilesapart
    England 

I’ve just taken out fully comp insurance for my 2019 Disco 5 HSE SDV6 for £413. That includes a fixed price (if I choose to stay with them) for 3 years, legal cover, and £1m of private medical cover if either of us are injured in any car related incident - even if we are passengers in another car or pedestrians hit by a car. It also includes the usual screen cover, courtesy car etc. That’s with a total of £500 excess. I thought that was quite good really. That’s with Saga by going on Go Compare.
    There was absolutely no request for me to fit a tracker.
    Land Rover Insurance offered to cover me for the first week free and for the year for £630!! Again with no request to have a tracker. Do they think because we are lucky enough to be able to afford to buy their vehicles, that were going to throw money away needlessly on their insurance too?
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Fully comp, protected no claims, £100 total excess, enhanced like for like car whilst yours is repaired. £290 annual cost, paid in one lump with Direct Line Insurance. I put down 10k miles per year, I’ve been using roughly 7k.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I learnt last year that the tracker hinges on value. Putting the list price of my 2019 Disco (£78k) made a tracker compulsory. The cut off was either £70k or £75k iirc. Once the car was valued realistically, a tracker was no longer needed. That was with Aviva, but neither Sainsbury’s or Lloyd’s subsequently have needed a tracker.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum