Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Red5
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) S Firenze Red

Friday car or just S*** luck

Had a problem with the balancer shafts.
    Replaced under warranty. Should have put up with the whine.
    Two weeks after repair found a pool of oil on the drive.
    Went back in and they used the excuse a seal had been fitted incorrectly. They kept it for a week.
    Two weeks after getting it back and another pool of oil on the drive.
    Back in it went again and told they have a problem with another fitting that springs an oil leak. Apparently quite common !!!
    Two weeks on and I am still without my car. Don't know if the oil leak is repaired as they now want to drop the gearbox and also replace the camshaft cover.
    Apparently some of the parts are on back order so I'm stuck with a loan car and no one can give a date for repair.
    Just wondering where I stand legally as they've had a couple of attempts to repair and still not fit for purpose. Banging Head
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

It depended on the circumstances of purchase.

Did you buy it new or used and how long did you have it before the problems started, plus what mileage have you done?

The Consumer Law Act 2015 is the main legislation that protects you, but from one who’s rejected a new vehicle before, but with total opposition from the main dealer, it takes time and a lot of fortitude. I am as determined as you get with everything, but even I was getting worn down with it all.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Luckily no issues at all with rejection.
    Was purchased brand new and broke down on the way home. Rang garage when it started to smoke and the salesman was "quote" OH FFS !!
    I told him then that it's going to be rejected.
    £70K plus and this happens. Bloody embarrassing.
    Garage asked for a chance to fix it. Failed to fix it. Same problem occurred again and third time it happened, I told them to pick it up.
    Had the car for 4 weeks and 1000 miles on the clock.
    Car was picked up and transported back to the dealer 150 miles away. Full payment was transferred back into bank account within a week after they checked everything was back, and no damage etc.
    I would advise to send an email as well as a phone call, as that way you have a paper trail of what has been discussed, and nothing can be denied.
    First car ever we rejected, and hopefully the last.
    I feel for the few on here dragging it through the courts with legal action, mounting costs and several months of legal wrangling and stress.
    Thankfully replacement has been trouble free touch wood.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

My main dealers in house Solicitor, called a Compliance Executive, only caved in when I told him I was signing my Solicitors terms of engagement that day and then it would be out of my hands.

The saving grace was the guy was ignorant of the law for a qualified Solicitor and only quoted selective bits that aided his case. Funny thing is I have since found out that to pass a law degree at a certain Scottish University, you only need 40% in the final exams. Rolling with laughter that fills you full of confidence. I’ll maybe make a FOI request for passing your Medicine exams, but I don’t know if I could take the shock if it was likewise. Laughing

Anyway back to the point, it took me 6 months from taking delivery of a faulty vehicle to getting my money back. I wouldn’t go in their premises for a p Censored s now!

PS check your household insurance for legal cover, they may take on the case and save you the expense.
  • Red5
    United Kingdom 

Thanks to both for the replies.
    I think rejection is a no go. My frustration over it all.
    Car is 2 years old with 9000k on the clock.
    Been no real problem except for a few niggles.
    I've now been told it needs a new crankcase housing. Which is unfortunately on back order, so they can't even give a date for repair.
    Did reject a Disco many years ago that didn't like getting wet so would pack up. Dealer at the time as good and it was no trouble.
    Think the time frame is against me.
    Think I'll start looking for an alternative, doubt they'll sweeten the bitter pill that much.
    Over 25yrs loyalty with one dealer and countless cars means F*** all.
  • Red5
    United Kingdom 

Marshalls of Melton Mowbray liars or just like to bend the truth (A lot) Censored
    Finally after almost 3 weeks I got my car back they say they have repaired my car.
    One service guy says it was a warped lower cambelt cover another told me it required a new crankcase housing. may be one of the same as I'm not that tech minded.
    Having said that they told me several times it had been on a 40 mile extended road trip and even told LR customer services the same thing.
    STRANGE thing is my speedo only shows the car did 17 miles all the time they had it. Whistle
    When I pointed this out to the service manager he says the tester told him it had been 40 miles.
    He wasn't impressed when I asked if it had been road tested on the back of a low loader. Pointed out big difference between 17 and 40 miles Censored
    Unfortunately the service manager had forgotten the other story he told me which contradicted the latest one.
    So many lies they forget what they have said before. Problem with spinning a yarn with possibly so many customers.
    I know people have had problems with LR customer services but I will say I had no problem, they did keep me up to date but unfortunately they were given the info by Marshalls.
    Wonder if Pinoccio works there Rolling with laughter
    Time will tell if it's been repaired.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

How fitting eh, Melton Mowbray, famous for Porky Pies. Laughing

You not got a dash cam fitted, or better still a tracker?

Tracker will give you every journey made, with date time, mileage, fuel consumption, average speed and a map of any journeys undertaken. Its very detailed. (Apologies for stating the obvious).

Like to see them wiggle out of this one if so. Laughing

Anyway I hope cars fixed. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Red5
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Road Runner
    At least I can rely on the pies.
    Checked the remote app. They managed to travel 11.5 miles in 21 minutes to Thorpe Satchville. Not even the 17 miles they said it was to Thorpe Satchville.
    They must know a short cut or cut across the fields.
    Cannot be arsed to go back to them my temper is frayed enough. Mad
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Red5, I feel your pain Censored
    It ceases to amaze me that even with so much technology nowadays, the garages have the nerve and audacity to still try and pull the wool over the customers eyes.

With so much incriminating evidence, and the likely hood of being caught red handed, its mind boggling.

What with dash cams, trackers, and routed map journeys, how can you possibly even attempt to lie about stuff. Years ago it was probably possible, but not nowadays.

Just makes me think about the mentality of some of the employees, spinning yarns which are unbelievable.

Maybe better suited to working on CBeebies instead Laughing

(You have probably read my rant from this morning regarding the corroded dust caps. I had to laugh at the managers bull####. I told him straight, am not a 5 year old, so don't insult me, and credit me with some intelligence ffs) Censored

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum