Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Anticipation's building

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread2128.html

It's getting closer. Phone call from the dealer this afternoon. The car is having it's final factory check before getting marching orders to be delivered to the dealer.

Not sure how long that will take but I'm hopeful it will arrive late Sep as predicted when I ordered it in June.

Trying not to think about it too much.

Eiger Grey D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Mine completed build around 12 July, landed in this country on the 19th and i got the keys on 6 August, if that helps. Dealer (and myself) were massively frustrated in the time it took to go from the UK distribution centre to the dealer.

Don’t expect your dealer to have reliable info on this, LR/their distributor don’t seem to give that.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

That's a little disheartening to hear though not surprising.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yeah, sorry! When I saw mine was built I expected to have it within a fortnight, max 3 weeks, but was more like 4.

By comparison, I remember that my last new car - a BMW- commenced build on August 25 and I drove it away on September 8. Plus could track it every inch of the way myself.

Other than that though, just let the anticipation build. I’m overjoyed with my D5, just an incredible vehicle.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Built complete in Slovakia 24th March
    Delivery 4th June Sydney Australia

Trust me it’s a sloooowwww boat to Aus. (And yes I had the vessel name and tracked the ship nearly every day )

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

Yep, it's been delayed and, at time of writing this, no definitive date given for delivery either.

However, as I've sold my car, the dealer is giving me a loaner until the D5 turns up. Don't know what that will be yet as I'm picking it up next week but hopefully it won't be a Fiesta or Corsa!

• chumble spuz
    United Kingdom 

The eagle has landed. I pick it up on monday.

• gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Very exciting mate.
    The eiger grey is looking great too

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum