Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Strange that the JLR response is totally different in other countries as this is a well known problem:

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=271207
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Seems that I have the same problem, came out in the morning to find water dripping from the head lining around the mirror and passenger side headlining. Sad .......now waiting for LandRover Assist to arrive as local dealer can’t provide a courtesy vehicle till October! Guess my Landrover don’t like the wet weather which might be a problem considering where I live!,

2017 D5 HSE TD6 Santorini Black
    2015 D4 HSE SDV6 Loire Blue
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

being in need of replacing my windscreen, I am concerned that a new one might leak having not had a problem with the original.....

2017 HSE Td6 with Capability plus pack, wade sensing, parking heater, armest fridge, head up display and surround cameras, 4 zone climate, black pack, privacy glass, adaptive headlamps, intelligent seat fold, deployable tow bar, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues with the replacement one thankfully, and been fitted 15 months approximately.

Original screen was on for 3 months and no issues either.

I did observe the fitter apply copious amounts of the sealant all the way around though, which was reassuring.

Looking at the LR screen which was taken off, I did observe that the glue was nowhere as thick as the replacement screen, and seemed to be missing on some areas like it was just splodged on willy nilly. Possibly may have started to leak in the future though.

Probably another cost cutting exercise to save a few quid on the adhesive, (less is more rubbish). Seems it's backfired, as the number of posts regarding wiring looms replaced, roof liners and carpets it's cost LR thousands. Again charging the customer top dollar for inferior production quality. Pennywise and pound foolish springs to mind.

My take in it is always do a job properly the first time around. Cutting corners, you end up wasting money and time redoing it all again. Eagerness in my younger days, i have learned the hard way Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black.Roof rails, side steps, privacy glass, door strip protectors, fixed multiheight towbar, mudflaps.
    MY18 Hse Lux - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

My screen was replaced 12 months ago and so far no problems, I’ve had trouble free motoring fingers crossed. Once your screen is replaced you hopefully can get on enjoying your car, the Discovery is a brilliant car.

2.0 SE Indus silver, black pack, 21in black alloys, black roof rails, acorn leather, privacy, tow bar, drive pack, rear camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, mud flaps, door body moulding, side steps, life shine, dash cam front & rear and RLD spare wheel proctor.
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 

Update on my water leak.......seems that there was an outstanding recall on my Discovery to have a new windscreen fitted.......strange considering that it was with the same dealer just over 2 moths ago for a service and no mention of any outstanding recalls😠....... hopefully have it back by the weekend.......

• JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 

Update on my water leak.......seems that there was an outstanding recall on my Discovery to have a new windscreen fitted.......strange considering that it was with the same dealer just over 2 moths ago for a service and no mention of any outstanding recalls😠....... hopefully have it back by the weekend.......

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum