Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Strange that the JLR response is totally different in other countries as this is a well known problem:

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=271207
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Seems that I have the same problem, came out in the morning to find water dripping from the head lining around the mirror and passenger side headlining. Sad .......now waiting for LandRover Assist to arrive as local dealer can’t provide a courtesy vehicle till October! Guess my Landrover don’t like the wet weather which might be a problem considering where I live!,

2017 D5 HSE TD6 Santorini Black
    2015 D4 HSE SDV6 Loire Blue
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

being in need of replacing my windscreen, I am concerned that a new one might leak having not had a problem with the original.....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues with the replacement one thankfully, and been fitted 15 months approximately.

Original screen was on for 3 months and no issues either.

I did observe the fitter apply copious amounts of the sealant all the way around though, which was reassuring.

Looking at the LR screen which was taken off, I did observe that the glue was nowhere as thick as the replacement screen, and seemed to be missing on some areas like it was just splodged on willy nilly. Possibly may have started to leak in the future though.

Probably another cost cutting exercise to save a few quid on the adhesive, (less is more rubbish). Seems it's backfired, as the number of posts regarding wiring looms replaced, roof liners and carpets it's cost LR thousands. Again charging the customer top dollar for inferior production quality. Pennywise and pound foolish springs to mind.

My take in it is always do a job properly the first time around. Cutting corners, you end up wasting money and time redoing it all again. Eagerness in my younger days, i have learned the hard way Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

My screen was replaced 12 months ago and so far no problems, I’ve had trouble free motoring fingers crossed. Once your screen is replaced you hopefully can get on enjoying your car, the Discovery is a brilliant car.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 

Update on my water leak.......seems that there was an outstanding recall on my Discovery to have a new windscreen fitted.......strange considering that it was with the same dealer just over 2 moths ago for a service and no mention of any outstanding recalls😠....... hopefully have it back by the weekend.......

• JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 

Update on my water leak.......seems that there was an outstanding recall on my Discovery to have a new windscreen fitted.......strange considering that it was with the same dealer just over 2 moths ago for a service and no mention of any outstanding recalls😠....... hopefully have it back by the weekend.......

• Quasar
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Picked up a one year old D5 last week. After heavy rain at the weekend, I noticed damp sun visor and wet area at the base of the A pillar. Dealer has it booked in a number of weeks as cannot collect, issue temp vehicle or leave me back home until then.

I look forward to seeing it sorted out. I am a disappointed with the dealerships response, very different experience to that I have had with BMW, SKODA and Volvo who have tried to sort issues asap.
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 

JonnieH wrote:

Seals all replaced under warranty but took a week to get back.......so far all seems well!!

• Quasar
    United Kingdom 

Quasar wrote:
    Picked up a one year old D5 last week. After heavy rain at the weekend, I noticed damp sun visor and wet area at the base of the A pillar. Dealer has it booked in a number of weeks as cannot collect, issue temp vehicle or leave me back home until then.

Came out to find vehicle wet inside again, dealership offered a choice, sort it or take the car back. Car now with dealership.
  • Quasar
    United Kingdom 

Update - Replacement windscreen on back order!!!!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Just had a leak in the windscreen and headlight washer water. Called out LR Assist as it was pouring out and under the nearside wheel arch.

Anyway, they came and whipped off the air filter to access where the leak was. The rubber hose going to the nearside headlamp washer had come away. The Tech managed to push it back on and the problem was solved.

Told me he’d only been out to one other D5 and that was because the electric front seat got a mind of its own and was moving about whilst the owner was driving it. Shocked
  • Quasar
    United Kingdom 

Car returned yesterday with new windscreen. Raining last night, drivers footwell wet this morning.

This is not going well. Car being sent back today.

I think if not sorted this time, I will need to consider options.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Washer bottle leak is a known fault and subject of bulletin, should have been sorted at service.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Oh, didn’t know that! Shocked
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum