Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

SD card.

There have in many references to an SD card in respect of NAV map updating. Should the dealer supply this card with the car or not?

D5 HSE Lux 2017
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Map updating is done via a USB stick. Any stick will do provided it is big enough and FAT32 formatted. You have to buy your own.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

To update a map you have to sign into your Landrover InControl Route Planner ( https://www.landrover.here.com/ ). Log into your account then select Maps and Services. If you are due a free update it will give download options for the relevant map, if not it will invite you to pay for it. Then, depending on your internet it can take anywhere from one to 24 hours to download. I've got 200mbs fibre and it takes about an hour!

To answer your original question though, no, the dealer will not have supplied a suitable SD Card. You need either a USB memory stick or an SD card plus a USB reader for it so its much easier to just use a memory stick. Oh, and despite the site saying you need a memory card with 28gb free it will fail if you try to use a 32gb one. I got it to work once but now I use a 64gb USB stick and that works every time.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

A 32Gb stick works for me! Thumbs Up
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

The port is USB3 so get a USB3 stick for faster data transfer of the maps

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • joness7
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Santorini Black

I’m just downloading my 1st map update. How long does it take in the car? Can I drive the car whilst update loading?
  • Labbix

Not too long: between 5 and 10 minutes I think it was most of the times, and yes you can drive during the update/install
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum