Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MrGandFriends
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Re: Need some buying advice

pouls1 wrote:
    Hi - new here and looking for some input on my purchase options.

Looking at a few cars - two of them being previous Land Rover Management and one previously privately owned. They all are within 6-7000 miles and manufacture approved.

The previous management vehicles are HSE Luxury 2019's from 2018 with 306 hp engines. Both have dynamic packs one silver and one white. Black interior. The white with red stitching white roof, the silver with black roof, "white" stiching/pipelining. They're pretty loaded, but the white has head-up and 360 camera.

I have looked for a car with 360 camera - thinking of it as an advantage when in a bit of a terrain - but I will be far from heavy terrain - a bit more of rocky paths to get to some beaches and some rocky parts to up in some mountains.

The third - silver HSE Luxury - 2018 so it comes with 360 camera stock, has all the goodies, but the older design of the buttons on the steering wheel and it is a 258hp car. and it is £8-10.000 cheaper. No dynamic pack, body color roof.

I have chosen the Luxury version since the car will be used in a warmer climate and hence I wanted the ventilated seats as well as the possibility of opening the roof at times.

I will be changing the wheels for 20's with AT tires.

And here comes the questions:

Am I good with a previous Land Rover Management car or do I risk it having been a press car that has been given all sorts of beatings before being refurbished and sold?

Is the 2019 model to prefer to the 2018?

Anything I should be thinking of?

Anything you would make sure the spec has?

Looking forward to hearing from you Very Happy

Hey - Just gone through exactly that process.

Opted for the Ex JLR Management car, mileage was slightly higher than I’d have liked but it had everything on it as was a HSE LUX plus extras.

Whilst TD6 the only difference I could really find was the steering wheel co trolls were mechanical rather than digital and I wasn’t too worried about that as we have a Velar also and whilst they look cool they’re only ok in my mind.

Rear entertainment was a nice to have along with digital TV ...... so if I retire maybe I’ll become a chauffeur instead!!!!!!

We collect ours on Saturday.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Or maybe chauffeured so you can enjoy the TV yourself! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new Discovery!

Eventually I might have to look at a bit higher miles also - or go with the white... Smile
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

Flat Earther wrote:
    Unfortunately, “Ex Management” does not refer to them being driven by managers, but rather that they are from a fleet that’s managed by LR.

They could have been leased to employees, used as pool cars, or leased to rental companies, or used as press cars, or break down loan cars, or even LRE cars. Sadly, the “Management” part of the name is terribly misleading.

Obviously, avoid anything that’s white Shocked

By law, a dealership must say if it has been a fleet (multi user) car or a rental or a taxi. Often if it is fleet or press cars it says "corporate buy back", either way, when you ask they must tell you.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Thanks! Always wondered what corporate buy back meant. 😀👍
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

globalste wrote:
    Flat Earther wrote:
    Unfortunately, “Ex Management” does not refer to them being driven by managers, but rather that they are from a fleet that’s managed by LR.

They could have been leased to employees, used as pool cars, or leased to rental companies, or used as press cars, or break down loan cars, or even LRE cars. Sadly, the “Management” part of the name is terribly misleading.

Obviously, avoid anything that’s white Shocked

By law, a dealership must say if it has been a fleet (multi user) car or a rental or a taxi. Often if it is fleet or press cars it says "corporate buy back", either way, when you ask they must tell you.

I know of at least 4 UK dealers who sell white ones as "JLR Management cars" when in fact they're Land Rover Experience cars. When questioned the JLR Franchice Director for one dealer chain confirmed "we don't check, all we know is we buy the cars from the closed JLR/Dealer auctions so we consider anything sold in those auctions as a JLR management car"

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • pouls1
    Sweden 

Interesting.

Can I PM you?

Brgds P
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum