Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Maybe HSE lux for UK than, as I have 1 in use and 1 in order, both Lux and both black Wink or maybe depending on the color choice, but still like the one you chose as well!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

simonej wrote:
    Labbix wrote:
    Looking good indeed, was actually surprised that the middle of your steering wheel has the same color as the seats (as with the Range Rovers), I have the tan interior and my steering wheel is just totally black?

Regarding the meridian, mine arrived with some faulty speakers, so make sure they all work!

Enjoy the ride!

I think it’s a function of the HSE Lux for the coloured steering wheel centre. I think the HSE has black door tops and steering wheel whereas the Lux adds leather door tops and steering wheel. Looks smart anyway and really pleased with the whole colour choice, especially the black headliner.

Regarding the stereo, my Dad has the same car and I always noticed how different it was to the D4. The volume level only goes about 2/3 as loud as the D4 - the D4 being so loud it actually hurts! That being said, there’s much less distortion when fitted in the D5, but the sound doesn’t seem as full. It’s still good, just not as good as the D4 installation.

CarPlay is a great new addition but I’m struggling to work out how to change the volume for phone calls and Siri! Lots of things to play with but I’m liking adaptive cruise.

I only have a HSE, with Meridian sound not Meridian surround which is standard on the LUX. Mine is so loud that you can't comfortably get it close to the "60" max volume without what feels like permanent damage to the ears lol (but no distortion)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

If I recall correctly the Meridian Surround in the D4 had 1700w, it was truly amazing. I have an XC90 with the Bowers and Wilkins upgrade and it could not touch the D4 Meridian for sheer power and volume.......if that's what you want! My wife is expecting the same as the D4 but fear she will be disappointed by the 825w offering.

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I only thought that the 1700watt was available in the FFRR.
    Never realised it came with the D4, probably only in the Lux version though.
    Tbh I think the 825 watt is more than adequate.
    Driving around with 1700 watts will be like your at a rock concert with ear bleeding results Laughing
    Reminds me of the chavs in their clapped out vauxhalls with 3000watt stereos which are worth more than the car, pumping out that awful noise which is classed as music Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I had the karman hard on system in my d3 and the logic7 in my RRS and I can honestly say that the sound in the D5 with the meridian system is fantastic.
  • simonej

D4 was definitely 825w on the top spec Lux. To be fair the one on the D5 is loud enough and at full volume still retains clarity and control - no distortion or vibrations - whereas the D4 used to suffer a bit at high volume. It was seriously loud though and with all doors and boot open it provided a bonfire night disco in the middle of a field one time (as well as serving as the bar!). Great car the D4 but seriously warming to the D5, it really is a grower!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yes I agree, as cranked up too full volume with no distortion and crystal clear music. No speaker vibration either. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum