Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

unless of course said judge has a JLR product and is doing the same thing hahaha

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

Hope someone can assist, I have a MY20 si4 with the timed climate fbh. The remote works to start the fbh but the timed element does not activate it? Also the online manual for the MY20 discovery shows the old software layout, so the instructions are useless. The new software appears to be missing the 'heat now' option as well. Anyone else have a fbh with the latest software?

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes, mine has the current software.

Remember that the FBH will only run on the timer if the outside air temperature is cool enough (less than about 12-15°C I think) and the time you set is the time that you want to drive away not the time you want the FBH to start.

It also won't run if your battery voltage is low or you are short of fuel in the tank.

The heat button is difficult to find. From memory (and I could be wrong) I think you need to run the engine then stop it then press the physical ventilation button below the touch screen.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

JonM, Thanks for the reply, I've set it again to be ready for 10pm tonight and it's 7 degrees outside so hopefully it works!

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

the old software was far better for the FBH, set the time it came on, or hit heat now, so when you pulled up you could leave heater on for people sat in the car.

Now you have to set time you want to drive, so it works out how much before that it needs to put the heater on, and in 8 months I haven't found a "heat now" option so if anyone does find it would love to know.

It's stupid that you can't activate it from the app on your phone, only start the engine.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

Still not working I have contacted the dealer. Yes I agree not being able to control it via the remote app is strange. I have a fbh in my xc90, the app interface is excellent and there is even a quick android widget that I can press to remotely start the fbh if I need it, it also turns on the heated seat and steering wheel. JLR take note......

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I did turn mine on by remote this morning, as noticed frost on the windows when headed from shower...they could save the cash of issuing the stupid little remote fob that lives i nthe kitchen cupboard and just add it to the app. By then why would JLR make anything simple...

Interesting you have an XC90 and a D5, my choice was between those two when I bought a year ago

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum