Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

HDMI

Just took delivery of my20 hse lux, older models had the hdmi in center console , Are they now only coming out with the two hdmi sockets at the bottom of the rear console as there are now only two usb and SIM card ports in the front. I can get all sources to work on the rear screens but no hdmi source on front screen.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

why are they fitting 2 SIM card slots?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

Sorry to confuse, two hdmi, two usb in back, front console has two usb one sim no hdmi.
  • Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

Have you got incontrol pro?
  • Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

Yes mate. I d have incontrol pro.
  • rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Re: HDMI

Lilolill wrote:
    Just took delivery of my20 hse lux, older models had the hdmi in center console , Are they now only coming out with the two hdmi sockets at the bottom of the rear console as there are now only two usb and SIM card ports in the front. I can get all sources to work on the rear screens but no hdmi source on front screen.

Mine is the same with no Hdmi. Not sure if it's a MY thing as my previous one had it.

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • Lilolill
    United Kingdom 

I’ve looked at some others My19/20 and they are the same, it looks like you don’t have the option of a hdmi feed to the front screen. Not to worry I’ll just put some movies on a usb. Thx for the responses guys.
  • neoda1
    United Kingdom 

Re: HDMI

Have a HSE Lux MY20 with dual screen and TV pack but only 2 hdmi ports in the rear. No hdmi in front console.

Only rear screens can connect to the HDMI "source".

Cant connect front screen to HDMI source.

Lilolill wrote:

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Maybe front hdmi is only available if you have ordered the dual view as well, as would make sense then.

If only TV and no dual view, then no front hdmi.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • neoda1
    United Kingdom 

I have dual view as well as TV but no HDMI port in front console.

Passenger can watch TV whilst car is running whilst driver watches sat nav or listens to DAB radio however no way to select "source" for whatever is plugged into either of the rear HDMI ports.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ah ok sorry I thought you meant dual screens as in the rear. I understand what you meant by that now.

We have the TV, dual view and a front HDMI socket as well as 2 HDMI in the rear.

Also the driver can watch the TV or Dvd when car is stationary. You can switch it off and on via the infotainment system.

Seems a pity they have dropped it, as gives the front passenger an extra option, instead of watching a dvd or the TV. Plug in a games console etc.

Oh well that's my theory disproved then. I would have assumed that the whole point of a front HDMI socket was so that it worked in conjunction with the dual view. Defeats the purpose in a way.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • neoda1
    United Kingdom 

Would you mind taking a photo of your front console to show where the HDMI slot is?

I seem to have 1 USB, 1 Sim Card Slot, 1 Push Cigerette Lighter. Will take a photo and share.

Thanks
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum