Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Ah that could be the difference in service intervals then.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Maybe its different for the 3l Petrol engines then, as they dont suffer from the oil dilution issue.

Irrespective of what the garage recommends, the car will be going in for its second service in March, as we payed for the 5 year at approximately £800 odd, so expect at least 4 services.

Mrs only does around 12k a year.

If thats the case, every 2 year recommendation, i would be asking for a 50% refund for the 5 year service plan, as your obviously getting shortchanged.

Plus its working out more expensive paying the services individually.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I’d heard the 3lt suffered more from oil dilution than the 2lt tbh.

I didn’t bother with the service plan. I had it on two previous LRs with the service plan prior to this one and never used them due to changing cars, so I wasted my money.

From what I can see, if you shop around, you’re likely to get individual services cheaper than a service plan, which has probably risen since either of us got the cars. Either way, it’s not something I bother about too much. Thumbs Up
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

From the prices quoted here, it doesn’t look likely that the new service plan could be beaten. A hassle-free £400 a pop for the three services up to three years or 48k on the 3.0 SDV6. The service interval is 12 months or 16k.

Nowhere near as good as the old service plan at £800 for five years, of course, but that ship has long since sailed.

It can also be transferred to a new vehicle, a new owner or cancelled for a fee of £45.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Bargain, my local dealer charges over £400 for a minor service (aka oil and filter change)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Hiya.

I paid £276.18 including everything and VAT for the first 2 year service from a main LR dealership on Friday.

I got a bit of discount, Stratstones, Newcastle have 25% off for essential workers, but was surprised it was so cheap to be honest after seeing the prices some here have been charged and what others are paying for a service plan.

I don’t need another until it’s 4 years old now.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Sounds good! 2.0 or 3.0?

My service plan is cancelled pending the new D5, so options are open again.

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

for a 2 year service interval that must be a SD4. The TD6 and SD6 is 16,000 miles or 12 months. Mine would have reached 16,000 since the last one first, but for the fact its been doing no miles recently.

Mine was:

6900 first service ((prior to my owning it) at 12 months
    12000 oil change due to oil dilution (n241 update undertaken at same time)
    20600 second service (24 months old)
    third is looking like about 35,000 miles assuming dealers are back working by July when it hits third anniversary

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

as I have the 2Ltr, so 21k miles or every 2 years it didnt make sense to buy the 3 year service plan. Ist service was 440quid.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

It is indeed a 2lt. My mileage is roughly 14k total over the 2 years. They updated the Infotainment FOC as well.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Cheers, 2.0 servicing looks very competitively priced.

Thanks Mordred, i had forgotten the 12 month service interval on the V6. Despite rejecting in January at 5 months old, there is a looming danger that it will need a service in August if my replacement isn’t in my hands by then. Chance for another interesting dealer discussion!

• Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

£580 for a 24M service on a 3L SD V6.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

That sounds expensive. It pays to shop around and play the dealerships off against each other. The bargains are there tbh.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I got a price from Halfrauds and used it as bargaining tool to get good deal from local dealer.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Darras wrote:
    That sounds expensive. It pays to shop around and play the dealerships off against each other. The bargains are there tbh.

They initially wanted north of £700. They were prepared to matcha price from a reasonably local competitor.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum