Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Yulong White

No Hard Disc Drive?

Hi Everyone,

Complete nooby here, I picked up my new '69 plate TDV6 HSE three weeks ago. Absolutely delighted with it so far but only just getting to grips with all the onboard tech!

One thing that surprised me (and I have asked dealer to confirm if it is correct) is that I don't appear to have a hard disc drive as part of the infotainment system. The only options I get when I go to the 'source' menu are: Phone, Radio, CD or 'Online Media'.

The handbook suggests that I should be able to upload music from a USB drive or be able to rip music from a CD onto the drive, but neither of these options seem to be available. The handbook does state 'If the vehicle's infotainment and market specification does not support CD ripping, the CD ripping icon is not displayed' so I am a bit perplexed as I thought the HSE model would have the full spread bar the backseat DVD option.

Can anyone enlighten me on the subject or point me in the direction of a detailed HSE vehicle specification as the LR website doesn't really go into too much detail on the infotainment options.

Thanks!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

that sounds odd...my 2017 HSE definitely has the hard drive option (never tried to use it mind you)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Rallyevo3
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Does this help

The vehicle's internal storage, which is used for navigation data, speech data, and metadata databases, also allows media to be stored by:

Importing media from USB memory devices, via the MEDIA PLAYER SETTINGS screen. Select the settings icon to access the SETTINGS pop-up menu. Select All settings. Select Features. Select Media. Select Media Player Settings. See MEDIA CONTROLS.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

DI
    Do you have the drop down AC panel that gives you a supposed secret compartment, there is a button top left on the AC panel to drop the flap down. If you have open the flap and look inside, my 1st Edition has a CD drive access slot in there and does take CD's both to play and RIP.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Rallyevo3
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

There's a Landover app for Android , don't know about iOS, called iguide which is the handbook, the main benefit being you can search rather than trawl through the book
  • Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the advice everyone. Thumbs Up

It looks like my infotainment system is acting up, as I don't have apple carplay or access to my media library. I took it to the dealer today and they acknowledge that I should have both. They uploaded the latest software (19d?) and told me to give it 24 hours to reboot. If I still don't have any joy then it's a trip back to the dealer next week for them to have a proper fettle.
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Re: No Hard Disc Drive?

Disco Inferno wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Complete nooby here, I picked up my new '69 plate TDV6 HSE three weeks ago. Absolutely delighted with it so far but only just getting to grips with all the onboard tech!

One thing that surprised me (and I have asked dealer to confirm if it is correct) is that I don't appear to have a hard disc drive as part of the infotainment system. The only options I get when I go to the 'source' menu are: Phone, Radio, CD or 'Online Media'.

The handbook suggests that I should be able to upload music from a USB drive or be able to rip music from a CD onto the drive, but neither of these options seem to be available. The handbook does state 'If the vehicle's infotainment and market specification does not support CD ripping, the CD ripping icon is not displayed' so I am a bit perplexed as I thought the HSE model would have the full spread bar the backseat DVD option.

Can anyone enlighten me on the subject or point me in the direction of a detailed HSE vehicle specification as the LR website doesn't really go into too much detail on the infotainment options.

Thanks!

Just a quick question, shouldn't a 69 plate be an SDV6 rather than a TDV6...
  • Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 

Yep, though the badge on the back just says SD6 Very Happy
  • Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 

So I took my new D5 HSE back to the dealer and complained about the lack of infotainment internal hard drive. A tech from the service department took a look at it and said yes, it's definitely missing. The software update he installed on the day failed to make any difference so it was booked into the service dept to get a better look at it this week.

They're now saying that it's not a standard feature of the car at HSE spec and as a means to back up their claim they've pointed out a page in the owners manual which states that the hard drive option 'depends on the vehicle's infotainment and market specification'.

So is this BS or actually correct? How many of you out there have a new (69 plate) with a functioning hard drive? I won't be massively disappointed if the dealer is right, but I'll be mightily pi55ed if I'm just getting blown off.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum