Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

Samsung GS10+ and Android Auto

Hi,

Has anyone successfully got a Samsung Galaxy S10+ to connect using Android Auto? If so do you have any tips? I am running software version S19B. I have tried both port, different cables and unpaired the phone but nothing seems to work.

Occasionally I get the "would you like to connect using Android Auto" screen come up, but when I press yes, it says it can't detect a phone!

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks in advance
    CC
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

It could be a Bluetooth issue.

Check the settings in the AA app on the phone:

Connected cars = Land Rover (if not, set this up)
    Turn off "Auto Launch"
    Turn off "Use Bluetooth"

Connect the phone using a USB 'c' cable via the centre console ports rather than Bluetooth. In my experience, if you use AA via BT it will be fighting with the LR ICE systems own BT connection with your phone.

When I connect the USB C AA automatically fires up on the screen....and disappears when I disconnect the cable.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

didn't think you could connect to Android Auto viw BT, only via the lead, which then turns on BT as well? I am only running a Sumsung Galaxy S7, that connects and fires up AA reasonably reliably, if a bit slowly, when plugged in.

I did have an issue, where it kept saying it wasn't a suitable device, which was lead related.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • eelpout
    United States 

I have a Galaxy S10 (Hong Kong variation, don’t ask) and it works fine.

the Rover’s don’t have BT only Android Auto AFAIK, requires the type C cable to be connected. Make sure to accept all the permissions it asks for when first plugging it in. Bluetooth needs to be enabled for the car to phone though for some audio, but usually that’s taken care of automatically when the cable is plugged in (and you say “yes” to the permissions).

It could be a permissions problem on the Android Auto app though. Maybe trying uninstalling it and reinstalling it (yes I know, I could be employed as a customer service rep in some foriegn land Wink).

oh and you should look to getting 19C InControl installed. Get the OTA software updates turned on with your dealer.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum