Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

Door Trim Removal

Hi all,

Does anyone have instructions or information on how to remove the front door trims?

Still investigating retrofitting surround cameras and want to see what wiring is in the door......

Cheers.
    Peter
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

Door cards are easy to remove, think there is around 4 screws in the door pull handle area, which are easily identified, the rest of the panel is held on with plastic clips you just pull, then the panel hooks out of the top of the window shut.

I doubt very much that you will have any Camera wiring in the doors, the wiring looms seem to be custom built to the build spec of the car.

Even if you have wiring, there is no way of activating the additional Cameras, the vehicles CCF is locked and is not possible to activate additions (unlike the D4).
  • PRH
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Indus Silver

Thanks Cradgebank, interesting. I thought I read somewhere (can’t remember where though 😂) that The CCF is locked on 19MY cars built abroad but not those built at Solihull- or did I dream that!!!!

Looks like I have bought the perfect car for me and it is turning out not to be so perfect. In the immortal words of Ron Moody “I think I better think it out again”.

Info for others, I subscribed to Topix for a fun 24 hours! Apparently there is a clip around the middle of the door panel that should be replaced if you remove the card.
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, any JLR product built since 2017 uses DOIP rather than OBD and all CCF editing is locked.
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Could it be possible to code the ccf or is it literally a waiting game for someone to crack the lock
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 

No, I know of no way, or anyone who can edit the CCF.

GAP IID and Autologic are supposedly working on it but not making progress.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum