Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Agree with needing a button Labbix, so frustrating to go hunting from CarPlay to find the camera button, usually when already in a tight spot.

Believe the auto air con button is one for passenger and one for driver side.

One more button in the centre console wouldn’t hurt though. Not like it’s tesla or Volvo clean, thankfully!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I added this to an Audi S5, not sure if the process will be similar or not but this is what was needed on the Audi.

2 new wing mirrors, wanted power folding anyway and also added blind spot monitoring and dimming mirrors so expensive but added several items.

New camera control module was needed, previously rear camera went strait to AV unit, with surround there was a new module in the boot.

New camera on the front, this was mounted in the grille (bumper on D5), the grille needed cutting to mount it but marks were in place to accept this.

New camera ion the rear boot as the camera were different, old camera fed AV Unit direct and did processing, new camera just gave video feed to controller.

Module needed activating using an online connection to Audi and calibrating, Blind Spot was same as the Radar units needed activating.

I'm picking my D5 up in a couple of days, already looking at adding deployable side steps and active key, anyone know anywhere around Nottingham / Derby which can activate modules or should I look at a DOIP interface and Pathfinder?

Cheers, Andy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum