Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stingray
    Wales 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Retro fitting surround cameras

Hi guys.

My D5 HSE was pre-built, nearly the spec I was looking for, and available at a price I couldn't turn down, but it doesn't have surround cameras, which I would definitely have chosen if I had the choice.

Does anyone know if it is possible/feasible/cost effective to retro fit them? Being an HSE, I already have the reversing camera and having looked under the door mirrors, it appears to have them there as well. Not sure where the fronts would be mounted. I wonder if the wiring is also in place and they could be configured by a dealer.

Perhaps not possible to do it, and too much upheaval to justify, but any help at all would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I've had a look at where my cameras are for the surround images previously. Theres one in the middle of the front bumper, plus one integrated into each of the front fog light casing (not sure if these are also for the surround images, however they are used for the camera view when you are pulling out of a road).

Also the camera underneath each wing mirror and obviously the rear camera. Don't think theres anymore?

Could be quite an expensive retrofit IMHO, plus you would need to update the software too, so could be interesting / a challenge.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • stingray
    Wales 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Hi Roger, Many thanks for taking the trouble to look. I have just checked mine and there is nothing at the front of the car where you describe, or even obvious locations for them, so not looking too hopeful overall.

Not given up yet though!

Thanks again, much appreciated.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum