Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hybrid D5 2020

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Ouch. I would have bought a hybrid if one had been available.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

as they suggest, likely to be 4cylinder Mild Hybrid (since the system is in the Evoke and DS already) , which doesn't really improve on fuel economy at all, just makes the test emissions look cleaner.

Unless they can find somewhere to store a battery it won't be a full on PHEV (remove the spare wheel and give over the under floor space? downside is weight at the back)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

A year ago I was told by HQ they would put the HST engine in: MHEV 3l petrol I think it was.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

fabulous, it'll sound good and do 22 MPG lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

• eelpout
    United States 

oh this could be good news and makes me glad I'm waiting until MY2021 to order anything (even the Defender).

just wonder if this consumer-diesel-averse country I live in would bring these MHEV's over... Confused
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I like the numbers in the MHEV D300 spec, but I'm concerned about the added complexity of a MHEV powertrain in a diesel. Presumably it will still require a DPF and AdBlue, which now have to compete with a battery and electric motor for space.

I really wish the TDV8 had been available here in the Disco. MOAR TORQUES PLZ. Twisted Evil Very Happy
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I have had the RRS Plug in as a courtesy car.

Great fun to drive, very quick but I got 14 miles on a full charge electric only and then 40 on auto. More a tax thing than anything else.

When power ran out it drank fuel.

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

mordred1973 wrote:
    as they suggest, likely to be 4cylinder Mild Hybrid (since the system is in the Evoke and DS already) , which doesn't really improve on fuel economy at all, just makes the test emissions look cleaner.

Actually, I drove the new Discovery Sport MHEV Diesel and it's economy was far better than my 2017 DS, I got over 50mpg on a run to Manchester and back and got over 500 miles out of the tiny tank. Best I could get on my DS was 44mpg.

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum