Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Max Skinner
    Malta 

Apple Car Play

Hi All, this is my first post! Hope someone can help.

I own a MY19. software updated to latest version 19. Everywhere I read I find that from version 18C onwards, Apple car play is included. Not on my car!! I got SOTA with latest update however and it works well.

Dealer insists that although I have InControl Pro, Apple car play cannot be installed because I do not have the sim slot in my car configuration and I only have the USB ports in the centre console - photo attached.

All online research points to the result that what dealer is saying is rubbish.

Has anyone here had apple car play installed in his car without the sim slot port in his car configuration please?

Thank you all for your help
  • Labbix

I’m afraid your dealer could be correct. I have a lux, no sim, only 2 usb and no option for ACP, even with SOTA enabled. All depends on the country specs.
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

I had Apple Car Play added after purchase to my MY19 SE, but it already had the SIM card slot.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Had ACP added recently to my 2017 HSE, but again it has a SIM card slot, no help to you I am afraid

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Max Skinner
    Malta 

Thanks Guys. Interested to know the technical reason why without a sim dot, ACP cannot be installed. Any ideas?
  • mse
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

The sim is part of a whole connectivity module
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Here is a post from AULRO that might be of interest, as it seems not all is lost for those without a SIM slot. The module can be retrofitted.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i have actually purchased this, i'm awaiting the cable to arrive and found the hardware for a decent price on ebay.

unfortunately unless you have a friendly, flexible dealer who's willing to help you out then it's a little hard as you need access to pathfinder etc... unless you live in Australia and these guys can do it for you.

will keep you posted, hopefully i'll be able to take some pics of the process.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Labbix

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

best stop listening to Spotify and start drink driving then Smile

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Giotest
    Australia 

achichon wrote:
    i have actually purchased this, i'm awaiting the cable to arrive and found the hardware for a decent price on ebay.

unfortunately unless you have a friendly, flexible dealer who's willing to help you out then it's a little hard as you need access to pathfinder etc... unless you live in Australia and these guys can do it for you.

Have you got part numbers or a link to where you got yours from? any luck on the cable? Apparently the system also needs to configured with a programming tool.

Gio
  • Giotest
    Australia 

achichon wrote:

Have you got part numbers or a link to where you got yours from? any luck on the cable? Apparently the system also needs to configured with a programming tool.

Gio
  • Otagolad
    New Zealand 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Just wondering whether anyone else has the following issue with CarPlay:

I have a 2019 Disco 5 HSE with Digital Dash., which I have setup with Music/Media on the left, Speedo in the middle and Maps on the right. When I connect CarPlay and have music/podcast etc. playing the first song shows up in the digital dash as playing, however when the next or any subsequent song/media is played the digital dash only shows the first track that played when my iPhone was connected. The issue is there regardless of how I configure the digital dash so it must be a problem with how CarPlay communicates with InControl Pro.

The weird thing about this is that I cannot find any other instances where this has been reported as a problem so keen to know if it is just one of those things that people have accepted is broken and hope one day will be fixed or does my system have a unique issue? Will try and add a photo later showing what i mean.

Disco 5 HSE Corris Grey
  • Labbix

Has nothing to do with ACP, as mine didn’t have ACP, but the freezing of the screen while continuing playing other songs happened quite regularly, exactly as you described. So it’s the ‘normal’ software that’s buggy...
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I have noticed that freezing of the track happens consistently on mine when I use remote start to cool the car down. But that is not an issue at the moment as it is bloody cold here.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum