Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Numb Thumbs
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Fuji White

Advanced Tow Assist

I have advanced Tow Assist on my 19MY SE. The screen shows the normal centred view when I am using it as opposed to the split view looking rearward from the to wind mirror cameras that is shown in all the YouTube videos.

Am I supposed to do something to get this twin camera view or is it supposed to come up normally?

Cheers
    Numb Thumbs Wink

PS The fact that here in Oz I have to buy the target sticker I find rather annoying. Is it the same in other places?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Do you use the knob to steer the car when using this or the steering wheel ?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Numb Thumbs
    Australia 

Yes - it works really well. If you touch the steering wheel it cancels the Advanced Tow Assist.

We drove backwards in a circle around 50 metres diameter and left only two wheel tracks the whole way once we set the knob and then just let go of it.

I just have to work out how to get the view down each side from the wing mirror cameras...

Also, finding somewhere to mount the three circles is a pain on my hybrid camper trailer.

Cheers
    Numb Thumbs Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had to get mine from the dealer. They did not have a clue what I was talking about until I showed them a picture on my phone. I think it was about £5. I think it's ridiculous, all that for a sticker. Should have given been given a couple of them free, if the car was specced with the feature.

Fits the bigger trailer fine but, but on one of the smaller ones, as it's not high sided, there is no where to stick it onto. (The yellow target is hovering in mid air).

I have photocopied about another 6 or so and stuck them onto thin cardboard to make them rigid. Then i had them laminated to make them water resistant. I glued flat magnetic strips onto the laminate so that they can be transferred easily from trailer to trailer without having to stick it on permanently.

Given a couple away already Smile

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Numb Thumbs
    Australia 

The trailers I regularly tow have sloping fronts made out of fibreglass and vinyl.

Click image to enlarge

And they often look like this:

Click image to enlarge

Cheers
    Numb Thumbs Wink
  • Rstebbings
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Had to get mine from the dealer. They did not have a clue what I was talking about until I showed them a picture on my phone. I think it was about £5. I think it's ridiculous, all that for a sticker. Should have given been given a couple of them free, if the car was specced with the feature.

Speced this on my new Disco, read Zero about it until I tried to play with it. Found out I had no sticker - after a call to the Dealer I have one in the post apparently. I wait to see if it makes towing any easier or just a gimmick for folk that rarely tow.

MY20 D5 HSE Lux - Carpathian Grey
    MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Managed to get one of the last new Landmark SDV6's with deployable tow bar in the country which happened to be fitted with advanced tow assist. Didn't come with the sticker had to get dealer to send me one. Set it up OK, but when came to use it decided that using the mirrors was far more successful, so ugly sticker removed from front of caravan and has gone in the bin. Glad I didn't go out of my way to order it as an option. Might be OK for someone who doesn't tow very often but got used to reversing caravan over last 30 years onto our drive which is a convoluted route.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum