Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just got a call from the Mrs.

There is quite alot of audible crackles and pops coming through the cars speakers whenever the reverse sensors are engaged.

I never noticed anything yesterday when i took the car back and the mechanic had a test before handover and said everything was ok.

Sounds like static, or when your shorting 2 wires together she said.

She assumed it was maybe interfering with the DAB radio /Digital TV,

Switched off the infotainment system, but still no luck, the noises were still there.

Awaiting a call back from dealer now.

God am starting too dread the knock on effect of the fix.

(Obviously never happened before as the sensor harness was not connected from day 1)

Am sure there was a post way back from Russell on here with regards too the same problem but i cant find it Sad
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Bluetooth issues

Is anyone else suffering from loud cracks and pops when using the Bluetooth?

The sound effects are coming through the speakers.

Mrs told me last week that there was a problem.
    Exact same happened when I used my phone this evening.

(It's the exact same noises which are coming from the sensors when engaging the car into reverse or forward!!) Shocked

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

‘There is quite alot of audible crackles and pops coming through the cars speakers whenever the reverse sensors are engaged’
    Unfortunately mine started to do the same... but only when it defects some objects around the car when driving backwards, but most of the time there are objects...
    Getting more and more disillusioned with the car I must say
  • JayPeeEss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Only by taking the rear bumper off are the sensors accessible.

Basically I could have just plugged the loom in myself and got the job done.

I think I have exactly the same problem as you described. Rather than take into the garage, I’m interested in your comment about plugging the loom in yourself.
    Could you see the plug / cables that were not plugged in?
    Do you have to take the bumper off to access the plug, or just the sensors?

I don’t suppose you have a photo or can give a clue as to where the plug is?

Did you get the interference with the audio sorted?

Any help very much appreciated.[/i]
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi JPE, sorry for the late reply.

My advice is that if the car is under warranty which am 100% sure it is, then let the dealer sort it. If they messed up then they will have to fix it FOC. Also it may need the CCF files changed. Ours didn't but am not sure if this was initially done after the tow bar was fitted, or if it ever needed to be done in the first place ?

No unfortunately not, I could not see the wiring loom, plug or cables dangling down anywhere.

The whole bumper had to come off to access the wiring loom for the sensors. I gather it was tucked up neatly high up the inside of the rear bumper. If I had seen them I would have easily just popped them back in.

I asked the mechanic and he said the only way to access the loom is by removing the rear bumper.
    Not to mention the fact I did not want to damage or scratch the rear bumper by doing it myself.

The only wiring I could see was for the towing electrical socket.

Sorry no photos otherwise I would have taken a few to put on the forum to help others out.

With regards to the interference it only happens when something is detected, not when you engage reverse. Seems to have stopped when the front sensors detect something but the rears are always popping. They all do this apparently, I was told but no issues on the FE that I ever remember. Hopefully a software upgrade will sort it.

I can PM you the work they carried out along with a copy of the bill if that helps. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Just to resurrect an old thread but has anyone found a solution to the crackling noises when the parking sensors are active?
    I dont notice the problem at any other time and the sensor warning/crackles are heard with or without the radio on.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Labbix

AUDIO
    A customer may complain of popping noises on all sources of audio, this update will not fix it. The issue is currently under investigation and should be fixed in the next full software
    release.

Isn’t this about it?
  • Labbix

As I have the noises as well, although not often, and was hoping that some software might do the trick?
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Indeed. We wait in hope...

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Still popping and crackling away, but no where near as much since last update.

I reckon 90% of the time there is no noise now, compared to 99% before the update.

• DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Craigp wrote:
    Hi RR you have answered my question. Yes blind spot monitoring if that's working ok then your sensors must be working ok, also not in towing mode as previously said it disables this feature when towing. Sorry out of idea's.

I know this is really old but the blind spot monitoring system uses radar senses and not the ultrasound sensors for parking, thats from my experience with retrofitting blind spot monitoring to an Audi as well as adding the side sensors for auto parking Smile
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum