Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MAC OSX
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Upgrades

Anyone got any experience in upgrading a D5 HSE LUX 2017 to include these features? 1. Adaptive Cruise Control. 2. Adaptive LED Headlights.

Also to fit the current Trailer lights detector, mine does not recognise LED lights on the trailer. As a work round bypass resistors have been fitted to the trailer.

D5 HSE Lux 2017
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

My understanding is that due to CFF only items classed as accessories (i.e. Electric towbar, active key, electric sidesteps etc) can be added, anything else which is factory cannot be added as it cannot be enabled on the car.

Still new to the new JLR's though, had an Audi previously which I added loads to, blind spot, surround camera, auto brake, park assist etc so a bit disappointing its not possible on new JLR's

You can see what they deem as accessories here: https://accessories.landrover.com/gb/en/discovery/exterior/
  • karmax
    Switzerland 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Not at all. You can virtually add anything to your setup from say on model year lineup.
    i.e. optional components from MY2017 will fit MY2017 but you can not install and get working a component from MY2018.
    I upgraded mine MY2017 with adaptive cruise control and blind spot assist as well as parking assist and TR2 (with auto mode) and offroad cruise control.

Every installation of a component absent from factory needs some "brain surgery" to the car - sometimes minor or not.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Yes, what you are classing as "brain surgery" is editing of the CCF, there are CCF editors available now which work in conjunction with Pathfinder, you can even find them on eBay...
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

CCF editors may well be available but as I understand, you still require the relevant Pathfinder hardware and associated software (which costs a fortune) to do any editing. Oh , and the technical ability to do it, without sodding the car up!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum