↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Yep, thats what I think the dual screen is Smile
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

I do wonder if the Dual View screen also needs another media controller for it or not though, would need to have a look on topix or something.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I think the problem is that D5 is only just coming out of manufacturer warranty so owners wouldn't want to alter the ccf in case JLR detected it and voided the warranty, another issue is knowing how reliable 3rd party software is and the likelyhood of corrupting the cars software necessitating a very expensive visit to JLR for repair. If I understand Pathfinder correctly, it works as DOIP therefor a link to JLR mainframe is required effectively meaning JLR knows what you're doing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Darling wrote:
    Dual View front Screen, is that when the front passenger can watch Media but the driver can’t, the driver sees the normal screen whilst driving then when the car stops the driver can then see the media ?

D.

Yes Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

harrythespider wrote:
    I think the problem is that D5 is only just coming out of manufacturer warranty so owners wouldn't want to alter the ccf in case JLR detected it and voided the warranty, another issue is knowing how reliable 3rd party software is and the likelyhood of corrupting the cars software necessitating a very expensive visit to JLR for repair. If I understand Pathfinder correctly, it works as DOIP therefor a link to JLR mainframe is required effectively meaning JLR knows what you're doing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe the DOIP interface is more to do with the in car communication and the fact that it uses Ethernet rather than Fibre networking. I have the DOIP interface and pathfinder so will let you know more when I get an opportunity to try it, I only picked up the car yesterday.

I fitted several options to my Audi S5 while it was under warranty and never had any issues. Granted if I messed up the BCM or something it would have been my fault.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

You're a braver man than me Darky!!!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Smile I do like a little tinker Smile

I'm starting simple with the electric side steps and activity key, both are accessories which can be added after, even Land Rover publicly publish the instructions for them. We'll see what happens after that!
  • DustyLBottoms
    United States 

What program are you using to accomplish this? I'm in the US and trying to add LED headlamps.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Darky, could you update us here?

Does the editor you have really work?

I contacted GAP and they are not aware of any ccf editors for the d5!!
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

I'd also like to know this as I can fine nobody that can edit ccf files yet just read only.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I am not looking for an argument, but I’ve never heard of anyone successfully changing the CCF on a D5 or even getting close, nor can any firm supply the equipment for it to be done. Sure there are readers, but not editors. As for electric sidesteps and activity keys, these can be purchased as an aftermarket and added by a LR garage that doesn’t mean you can automatically add what you like and change the settings. The security has been enhanced on the latest vehicles making it neigh on impossible to crack.

I’ve had a variety of LRs from Disco 3/4/5, Freelanders to Disco Sports and have had the CCFs changed for reversing cameras to cruise control, so I like to think I know what I am on about. What’s possible for other makes doesn’t hold true for LRs unfortunately, but no doubt someone come on here and say they’ve done it out of sheer mischief.
  • stereo247
    South Africa 
    2019 Discovery TDV6 HSE Corris Grey

The guys over at jlr-retrofits seemed to have managed making the changes apparently without JLR knowing. There’s a guy on AURLO who claimed he could as well. So it doesn’t seem impossible.

I wonder if Darky managed to get it right?
  • dgardel
    Italy 

I'm following with interest
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

I don't think there is much to follow. JLR have it stitched up so tight that only authorised outlets can edit or update software or CCF.

• dgardel
    Italy 
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum