Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Leroy
    Australia 

InControl 7" replace with InControl Pro 10'

I have a 2017 SE Australian version with a 7" InControl screen. Does anyone know if a second 10 InControl Pro 10" will fit and function correctly. Basically an HSE system in an SE. The reason being is here in Australia the "HERE" map service has not put out a map update since 2017 or before and no longer display Land Rover as one of their manufacture on their website. The 10 inch screen is done by another supplier. If my car was manufactured 2 months later the 10" would be a standard feature. Plus I also could have Apple Play and a map option.

Has anyone seen AppleCarplay in a 7" screen.

I am eager to find out. Thanking you in advance . Leroy
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

In the UK the HSE has the 10" screen along with a hard driver and a CD player. The maps also come from HERE. Having just logged in to my landrover.here account interestingly i can buy the current Australasia maps, £89 for 12 months and £129 for 36 months, which includes monthly updates, connected services and static speed camera locations.

I thought the whole system was different however between SE and HSE so assume it would involve a whole new processor and coding too....

In respect of ACP and AA these can only be installed if the car has to multi USB etc under the armrest, i believe.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Leroy
    Australia 

7 Inch screen

Here Maps in Australia only list maps for Japanese brands. I can go trough Land Rover Australia Update but it tells me there is no newer update than the 2017 version I have. That is my problem, is they no longer do map for Land Rover here. I have been onto JLR Aust with no luck and they straight out said they could not help me. Here's Officers are in Melbourne and they are in a Covid Lockdown. I have to wait to they reopen.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The map updates for the D5 are subscription based and monthly.

Have a look at https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php

The updates for Australia are listed with the same version number as the UK updates which are issued monthly. Just download them to a USB drive and update the D5.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Isn't that insane, 11000 miles away i am offered maps of Australia

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Leroy
    Australia 

JonM wrote:
    The map updates for the D5 are subscription based and monthly.

Have a look at https://www.landrover.here.com/index.php

The updates for Australia are listed with the same version number as the UK updates which are issued monthly. Just download them to a USB drive and update the D5.

I thought it sounded too easy. It will not accept my VIN number, thanks for trying
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum