Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sglong
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Indus Silver

Sanitation charge?

So I just dropped of my new Discovery to get a creaky problem with the side step sorted, they want it for up to three days to get it sorted which seems a bit long but I want it sorted so anyway that's ok.

I requested a courtesy car as its going to be in there for a while which they sorted and arranged a discovery sport for me but as I was about to leave they said there is now a £20 fee to sanitise the car afterwards which I replied WHAT!! Censored

I don't see why I should have to pay for that as its an issue with a very expensive brand new car that I just purchased from them.

Has anyone else had this?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Are they going too sanitise your car as well, after putting their grubby hands all over it ?
    I expect not.
    So i would say too them, am going too charge you £20 for having too sanitise mine Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

They are now charging for courtesy cars which I think is a disgrace, especially if it’s warranty work.

I have a 13plate Aston Vantage and the local dealer doesn’t charge and says “you can put some fuel in of you need to, but don’t worry” very different to the local LR dealer giving me a car with 12 miles of fuel In, and not so much as an apology.

I don’t understand how the basic in customer service seemed to have vanished from JLR..... it costs nothing.
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

They are now charging for courtesy cars which I think is a disgrace, especially if it’s warranty work.

I have a 13plate Aston Vantage and the local dealer doesn’t charge and says “you can put some fuel in of you need to, but don’t worry” very different to the local LR dealer giving me a car with 17 miles of fuel In, and not so much as an apology.

I don’t understand how the basic in customer service seemed to have vanished from JLR..... it costs nothing.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I suppose in this current climate, they have too charge as loosing so many sales over the last 6 months.
    Scraping the bottom of the barrel me thinks
    I hope they dont start charging for air and water though.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

My dealer doesnt charge for courtesy cars, but does charge if you want to reduce the damage excess from £1000.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum