Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Steering wheel is thin. I had my D3 wheel refurbished by Royal steering wheels. It was really nice and better than the HSE D5. Also the door window rubbers need improving. Have a look at them compared to any other premium cars. They are cheap rubber flat to the door and don't seal properly in some corners. I had the dealer refit one and the passenger door now needs doing.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

DangerMouseUK wrote:
    It looks like they're not even going to change the outside at all barring a bumper/grille or so . . .

Inside the interior might get a new entertainment system but Im not even sure they're going to do that now due to budget constraints and the pandemic.

Engines? They definitely have to do some sort of MHEV/PHEV simply because of the fines from the EU so I'm almost sure due to necessity the engines will happen ASAP.

Lets see I guess! I'm going with an MY20 SD6 for now as I want to wait a year before I trust the D300/D350 engines . . .

Fresh from OVAL News:

https://twitter.com/ovalnews/status/1295716320164675585?s=20

Quote:
    While still in the early stages of development, this prototype has been equipped with a new steering wheel that appears similar to the one used in the Defender. However, there are some minor changes including ‘closed’ spokes and a “Discovery” badge on the horn.

The center stack has also been revamped and features a significantly larger touchscreen infotainment system. The width doesn’t appear to change much, but the display is much taller than before.

Full article from Car Scoops:
    https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/2021-lan...cg.twitter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

An updated Discovery Sport was released today by JLR, key changes were some updated engines (no D240 now, just D165 and D200), but importantly, Pivi pro and new steering wheel design. Signs are looking good that this will then be applied to the Disco as each JLR model year update this year has changed the infotainment to Pivi since the launch of the Defender. I keep watching out for Disco refresh, mine is approaching 3 years in October and although on a 4 year PCP, am not keen to run on much beyond 3 years! Now has a number of warranty items to remedy - corrosion on alloys and name badge, half the heated screen didn’t work when we last had ice (spring) and in last 24 hours, the rear bleepers go off for about 5-10 secs on each start up, with a pop up that Rear Crossing Collision sensor ( think it’s called that) is inoperative - think water might have got into the sensor?
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    An updated Discovery Sport was released today by JLR, key changes were some updated engines (no D240 now, just D165 and D200), but importantly, Pivi pro and new steering wheel design.

well, this is good news.

I have an early '17, think it was in the first batch to come to the states as it arrived that March and I got my order in early. Fingers crossed, really the only complaint I have is text messaging via TouchPro doesn't work, which I've been told is due to this being one of the first off the line and they didn't add that capability until later builds.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum