Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

I think the 12v outlets have been wired to the wrong supply by the sounds of it, they were fitted by the trailer dealer.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

just did a complete re wire of one of my trailers. For the UK 13 pin sockets iso standard there are two 12v supply pins one switched and one permanent. this exercise was useful as it made me realise the problem with my other trailer and the permanent supply not working - it was wired to the switched pin.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

note I have a sneaking suspicion if the D5 hits a critical battery level and turns off the permenant 12v supply. why? because I charge the battery through the tow socket, it was about flat a few weeks ago and the charger errored with no connection. I connected it direct to the battery and it worked, once it was half charged I went back to the tow electrics connection and charging worked.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum