Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Daylight Running Lights (DRL) and caravan

I tow a Lunar Alaria caravan with my D5. Whenever I hook up, I have to manually turn on the side lights to get the caravan side lights to illuminate. With previous cars (all Discoveries) and caravans, the caravan side lights/running lights have lit up as soon as the car is connected and the engine started, i.e when the car's DRLs come on.

Do other towers with a D5 have to turn on the car's side lights to get the caravan's lights to come on?

Thanks

David

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

pdes, depends what model year your D5 is, if memory serves me correctly, I think LR switched off the cars rear lights when drl on at 19my as a fuel saving measure. As the caravan lights are switched from rear car lights, the lights don't come on till you select side lights, 17 & 18my cars have car rear lights on when front Drl's are on.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Ah, that answers it. I have a MY2020.

Off to do some wiring mods!!

Cheers

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My March 20 Lux has the rear lights on as part of the DRL function, so are on all the time the ignition is on.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

MY18- caravan marker lights are always illuminated when plugged in.

I have the Electric deployable towbar and wonder if the towbar fitment has anything to do with the differences?

No rear lights on car with DRL.

Jon
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I also have MY18, and the rear lights are on with front DLR's (so both front and rear on when ignition on), and caravan lights also on when plugged in without having to switch lights on.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

On my D4 there were 2 different DRL settings in the CCF. The Canadian setting is where the rear lights are switched off, the Scandinavian setting is where the rear lights are on. I'm sure this would be the same on the D5, so ask the dealer to change the DRL settings to Scandinavian.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum