Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JAYBOY
    Wales 

I've placed a deposit but don't really want one of the first ones. I think i will wait for them to out and about for 6 months before i take up my order.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

If i get a lottery win ill have one, otherwise may have to wait for a year old one to come up.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I've got a deposIt down, I really want a new a car on a new platform. All depends on size for me, the boot has to take the dogs comfortably. I also want more performance so ordering at launch will depend if there is an appealing engine option. My dealer knows this and knows I will pull out if it doesn't fit the bill, i pulled out of a FFRR order with them over boot space so they know I mean it! Laughing
  • J77
    Scotland 

Land Rover have me by the balls, I really don't think I could move to another brand had LRs a long time So love it or loath it, I will end up with one through time.

So far it's

06MY D3 TDV6 Base 7 seat
    08MY Fl2 TD4 GS
    11MY Fl2 SD4 GS
    12MY RR Evoque TD4 Pure
    13MY Fl2 TD4 XS
    12MY D4 SDV6 GS
    15MY DS SD4 HSE
    16MY D4 SDV6 SE
    17MY D5 ???? ??
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Always had a soft spot for the brand, but practically will decide on our A car. If I have to move brands I may well go for a custom transporter built to my own specifications for the main A car. I have a severe itch for a 110 Safari too so LR will still have hold of my balls and wallet too Laughing
  • alex08
    Scotland 

Ive had an RRS2 for the past 3 years waiting for the D5 to appear. It was fairly early in production and I've never had it back to the dealers other than for Service or when Mrs A knocked a wing mirror off. Productions quality has been excellent and although the design of odd bits annoy, on the whole it is a much better experience than I had with the D3. It give me some hope that the D5 might be good out of the traps without having to wait a few years. If anything the D3 did not improve over time as the core 'errors' continued in production to the end. Having said that it was in many ways a better car than the RRS2 - it didn't drive as well or have so much on-road ability but it did have a permagrin which the RRS doesn't manage. If the best bits of the RRS2 could be merged with the best bits of the D3 it would be ideal However the gearstick isn't making the transition.

When you come to look at the D5 measure it from wingmirror tip to wingmirror tip and compare it with a RRS2. The RRS2 is too wide for narrow A roads. We've stopped taking it up the side of loch lomond as it is not safe. Despite this width there is less cabin space than in the D3. I hope this addressed as I'd be very reluctant to get a D5 at the same width as the RRS2.
  • J77
    Scotland 

D4 2,200mm

RRS2 2,220mm

Not much difference. I would imagine the D5 will be similar width to the RRS2, it uses the same chassis and aluminium body.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • bill wright
    United Kingdom 

I filled in the build section of the LR site for the equivalent of my current model (SE TEch) and it comes out at £51,395.00 but that's with the 2.0 litre engine. I wonder if that'll be so bad. The form asks for email and phone number and indicates that it'll forward it to the local dealer of your choice.

What happens next I ask myself. Will there be any discounts this early in the game? Members of BASC get 5-8% off LR but that's through a clearing agency and I doubt that the p/ex will be any good. Big Cry

MY15 D4 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone

Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best
  • J77
    Scotland 

My spec

SE
    Privacy glass
    20" alloys
    Indus silver (maybe)
    Linear aluminium finisher
    Ebony interior
    Heated steering wheel
    Mud flaps all round

£54,340

My current SE sits between the new S and SE, so I've had to go higher but the price ain't scary but more than I was hoping for.

I looked at the 2.0 but it's £6,380 less on the guaranteed future value on PCP.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Higgers
    Wales 

Just ordered a 3.0 HSE in Corris.

Thanks

Ian
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum