Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

TCU update 19.2

Tellematics Communications Unit update 19.2 is coming soon via SOTA guys Very Happy

Fixes an issue with the car not being available in the phone app shortly after it was available.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Thumbs Up

Land Rover also have a completely new version of their Remote app - it is a different download from the one most people have, so you have to delete the old app and download the new one.

New UI, new back end, and they claim it has improved connectivity. Also has a new "Guardian Mode,"

"Q: What is Guardian mode?
    A: Guardian mode is an additional security feature that alerts the customer to interference such as the vehicle being unlocked (with a key or use of a relay attack), the vehicle being started or the doors being opened. All a user needs to do to activate Guardian mode is open the ‘security’ tab and apply the toggle. The service does require notifications in order to send the user a message but if these are not activated the app will request the user activates them. Guardian Mode will then be active and monitor the vehicle for unexpected access attempts and inform the user if one occurs. Currently while Guardian mode is activated the user will have limited functionality on the application such as remote features."
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

is the new app only for Apple users? They stopped including features in Version 2.2.0 of Android (like intelligent seat fold).

Just checked Google Play Store and only has the original and newer 2.2.0 on it for the UK.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DieselRanger - is that a third app?

I already have Land Rover Remote (old, black and green icon) and Land Rover Remote (new, white and green icon).

I like elements of both. Or at least I did until the car lost connectivity a few weeks back. I haven’t done the button/drive workaround yet to reconnect it.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • eelpout
    United States 

huh, downloaded the new (Android) Remote app. seems OK, but it looks like the remote seat fold is now gone? maybe I just haven't found it yet?

(I gave them feedback about it and I'll post back if I get a response)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum