Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

2nd row seats not returning to upright

Using the buttons in the back of the car, I can lower the 2nd row seat backs and return them. The single seat returns to the correct rest position, but the double seat returns fully then moves forward again a couple of inches. As a result the seat backs are not vertically aligned with the other seat.

I am able to edge the seat back a blip at a time with the button....but one blip too far and it resets to the 2” forward position. I’ve lived with it for a while as I rarely drop those seats but lately I’ve had a lot of seat lowering requirements and it’s become a pain.

I am assuming it’s a sensor position? Is it something that can be diy fixed or is it a trip to the dealer?

Thanks
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

It may be that the controls on the lower side of the set have been set to a new position (the side facing the door), With the seats raised, try to alter the seat back position with these controls to the position required. Once done, the system should remember this position and return the seat to that position after lowering and re-raising. The controls are similar to those on there driver's and front passenger's seats.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Thanks...that’s a good shout. I did have a passenger in there before Covid ....they may have twiddled.

Will have a look in daylight.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

You,were correct.
    The seat adjuster had been moved.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum