Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Update 20B - 2017 First Edition

Hi All,

Just taken our Disco 5 in for some repairs (tailgate fault and rear window fault). I asked them to update the software to the latest version while it was in which i believe is 20B (we are currently on - 18B or C from memory). They are telling me the vehicle cannot have this update as it doesnt have InControl Pro?

From another thread i was reading it appears you need the sim card slot - which we have along with larger 10" Inctontrol display? Apprently incontrol Pro is different and we cannot upgrade to it?

We are mainly looking for Android Auto which is why we'd like the software updating.

Is this correct or should we be able to update to a more current version of software?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

In control pro was standard fitment on the first edition, I have it on mine

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Russell,

Thats what i tried to tell the dealership. They tried to tell me that InContol Pro is a different version of software and screen layout?? Sounded to me like they were trying to weasel out of doing the update.

Are you running the latest software version in your first Edition with Android Auto/Apply Car Play?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Yes I am abs with no issues
    Also does over the air update as well again with no issues

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

whilst not a FE, I am running s 2017 HSE, which has SOTA and runs Android Auto perfectly well....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Both,

I have emailed Land Rover directly to confirm. Our first edition does appear to have every possible extra so would be surpirsed if it can't have the updated software.

I did try the SOTA menu too but it doesnt want to download any newer software editions either.

Fingers crossed Land Rover get back in touch with an answer!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

perhaps SOTA has not been enabled at their end? Since I vaguely remember one of the v19 Smartphone pack came with it.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • DaveRitz
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

When SOTA became available, my 2017 D5 would download the update but failed to install it. The main dealer had to install a module update before the SOTA update would install. Absolutely no problems downloading and installing subsequent updates.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 

Ok some progress. Land Rover replied and confirmed that our vehicle is the correct spec and age for the software updates. The local dealer has now pushed the SOTA update

We can see the update and have started the download on the house wifi.

How long do these updates usually take? And does the car need to be running/turned on for the updates to download?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Yes car needs to be running, if you stop it the download stops and restarts when the car restarts, they can take a long time sometimes.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum