↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ok thanks Thumbs Up
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

VelocityAP Tuning does tunes for the supercharged V6 RRS and for the 5.0 - they're reversible, so that you can re-flash back to factory map and unplug it before you go to the shop. They also have pulley systems available for supercharged engines. They claim with an ECU tune and pulley, the supercharged V6 will top 430bhp/430lb-ft on 93 octane fuel for the Jaguar engine map. Twisted Evil

In some discussions over on rangerovers.net, they claim they've done some initial testing on a Diesel Td6 engine but haven't put the product out yet as they need a couple more guinea pigs (and probably a little more demand) but results look promising.
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So to resurrect an old thread Very Happy

I have one of the first D5's so its the puny 258bhp from the 3litre.
    My friend claims to know someone who can remap it to over 300bhp however I am hesitant due to it being apparently done by a guy in his car on your doorstep.

So has anyone had one of these versions chipped yet?
    What was the cost?
    What was the increase in BHP and torque?
    Has it caused you any issues?

TIA
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

in my view, the chassis hugely struggles to handle the 254PS and 600NM anyway

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

Whit???????????
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You can never have too much power - its how you use it that might cause issues.

I think 300 - 350 is acceptable, its just getting there I need to know.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

in general I would agree....I had 310ps and 300Lb/ft in my Scirocco.

The D5 even out of a junction has no real body control, so only time a nice 350ps would be of much use is in a dead straight line form the straffic lights or in straight line overtaking

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Blackbeltbob
    United Kingdom 

so you see my point in wanting it then.....for the very things you mention.
    you would never buy one of these expecting it to handle like a sporty car.
    plus it would aid when towing heavy and/or large trailers

and its always awesome to have more power Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Extra power is always a bonus, especially with regards to overtaking, towing and pulling out of a busy roundabout or a junction Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

To resurrect an old thred - has anyone had their D5 remapped?

Ours is out of warranty now so considering having it remapped in the near future. Would love to hear if anyone has done theirs and if it made much difference.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Try someone like Alive tuning, as they did remaps for the diesel D3/D4, so quite a bit of experience. If you have the 256Bhp version of the 3Ltr, then all you really want is to bring it up the the 306Bhp (and 700Nm torque) of the latest D5 3Ltr - I would have thought that should be fairy starightfoward

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

altho of course physically the difference between a 256ps and 306ps is a second turbo plus a few other bits not just the mapping....

• Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Ah well that answers my next question as to whether there was any physical difference between the two engines. Ill try Alive tuning and see if they have mapped any.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

They have. They get approx 290bhp out if the standard tdv6
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Had a response from Alive tuning,self explanatory,

'We can tune these vehicles, we have not had the 258 bhp version in so I cannot tell you the figures. The higher 295 models switch on really well, and although do not develop big gains in BHP the way the torque is delivered is

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum