Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 2B
    Netherlands 

I have an F-Type P300 and we do some serious mountain roads if we get the opportunity..

That is why I normally corner quite intense. I used to have a D3 that I drove as a cart..

So I do notice a 'nose-heavy' car... Cool

With a caravan like yours hooked-on ; not advisable Wink

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Whippetman
    England 

nebc100 wrote:
    I have a 2017 HSE and have both 22 and 20 inch rims.

The 20s are definitely softer than the 22s.

I find the ride excellent on both.

I don't have AD as was not an option on the 2017, but I have never felt the handling was bad. My wife suffers from car sickness and has not complained at all.

I DID have problems with a vibration when I first put on the 22s, but it was actually down to 1. Bad balancing from LR, and 2. On of the tires is SLIGHTLY off-round.

Yes I too have 22s original fit ex LR management and I don’t have any complaint re ride even with out dynamics.
    Glad to contribute a positive reply!!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • NRich
    United Kingdom 

I have 22 inch wheels and find it scary in the wet have aquaplaned a few times thought it was down to width of tyres going to fit some winter Vredesteins it is also not the best on greasy roads don't have much confidence in the tyres brand new car 2,600 miles on it.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Each to their own!
    I’m getting down to 4.5 fronts and 3.5 rear so looking to change soon, however have no complaint on Pirelli Zero all seasons M&S so will buy again..

Last edited by Whippetman on 25th Oct 2020 10:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• 2B
    Netherlands 

NRich wrote:
    I have 22 inch wheels and find it scary in the wet have aquaplaned a few times thought it was down to width of tyres going to fit some winter Vredesteins it is also not the best on greasy roads don't have much confidence in the tyres brand new car 2,600 miles on it.

Don't worry ! The P-Zero's are fine after about 3000 miles !

I have an F-Type that had OEM Pzero's , skidded all over the place. After running the engine in we went
    to the Alps : no problem at all ! In the end [24.000km's] the were still very good, 3mm thread in the centre left.

But I did fit MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 S 245/40 ZR19 100Y TPC, since they are generally considered better tires FOR THE F-Type [ dunno about the D5 !!].

Last edited by 2B on 8th Nov 2020 9:31 pm. Edited 3 times in total

D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Whippetman
    England 

3000 or 30,000 miles??

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Yep agree with Al, I've a 2.0l ltr HSE 2018 D5 with 22" tyres no problems with steering drives well also pulls 1800kg caravan no problem power wise probably due to the gearing.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Whippetman wrote:
    3000 or 30,000 miles??

They START to be fine above 3000 miles : not skiddish anylonder.

For me they lasted 14.000 miles [RWD, F-Type jaguar] on the rear and 16.000 on the frontwheels.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues whatsoever with the Scorpion Pirellis M & S 22's.
    Infact when we first picked it up I ended up drifting it at a wet roundabout by mistake.
    (I forgot I was not in my car at the time as am used to taking the roundabout at a higher speed).
    I did think at the time damn, but the car handled superbly, and luckily it corrected itself.
    Infact I think if it was 20's, then I could have possibly lost control due to the extra body roll of the car, but as the 22's are low profile, there was a lot less body roll thankfully.
    It's an experience I don't want to ever have again.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Whippetman wrote:
    Each to their own!
    I’m getting down to 4.5 fronts and 3.5 rear so looking to change soon, however have no complaint on Pirelli Zero all seasons M&S so will buy again..

Just replaced them like for like from Tyre Leader and fitted locally.
    Great deal on line and fitted for £56 all in Thumbs Up

• NRich
    United Kingdom 

Put some Vredestein wintrac pro tyres on Yesterday it is a different car to drive lots more grip on greasy or wet roads a little bit more noisy but a lot more confidence inspiring than all season Pirellis.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

I had the Wintracs pro for many years on my D3, until I did not really needed to go off road so often anymore. Swapped them for Quatrac 5. They are a lot more quiet and have lots of grip on wet roads, very common in the Netherlands.

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

The only tyre? issue I’ve had with 22” on a D5 is they seem to suffer more drift from lorry road ruts, than my D4 on 20’” Pirellis.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

I had 3 sets of Wintracs over 6 yrs before I switched to Quatrac pro (not 5).

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum